When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1987 Panasonic DX 2000... TALL

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I just sold two bikes to start to thin the herd a bit, and then I saw this. Couldn't pass it up, of course. 😂Photos are as I brought it home.

I purchased it from the original owner about 50 miles from my house. Nice guy who took care of it all these years and I got a great deal on it. Nice shape, just dirty, so you know what I'll be doing soon. 🤪

26'' frame with a 35'' stand over height which fits me tightly, but my '81 and '87 DX 4000 versions are the same size which I ride. (The bike looks even taller in the photos). I'm 6' with long legs, but the owner was 6' 3'' so it fit him even better.

Nice Body Geometry saddle with a Cannondale bag and a Sigma cyclometer and Armadillo tires. But the pedals...that's the problem. 😔 I use platform type pedals on all of my bikes, and these are really stuck. Frozen, if you will, and it's going to be quite a pain to get them free. I'll assume they've been on there forever which makes it worse to get off, but it's another job to work on.

Enjoy the photos...

IMG_2835.jpeg

IMG_2836.jpeg

IMG_2837.jpeg

IMG_2838.jpeg

IMG_2839.jpeg

IMG_2841.jpeg

IMG_2842.jpeg

IMG_2843.jpeg

IMG_2844.jpeg

IMG_2847.jpeg

Well, I got the pedals off! 😀

Put the wrench on it and used my foot to stand on it. Worked like a charm after seeing this idea on YouTube!!

Leverage works. I used leverage on a stuck stem recently. I like the DX 4000 with the silver blue paint and the chrome ends the best. The new project looks like it will keep you busy for a while, keep us up to date on your progress. Tim

My very first nice bike was a 1982 DX 4000.
I put many thousands of miles on that thing. Ended up trading it for another bike around 1988. Cool to see yours! Brings back lots of great memories.

Looking good Harpo. Is that a 26 measured to the top of the seat tube? Tim

Last edited:
Back