When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need help to understand what the big deal with "Racycle Bicycles" is all about

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I would like to start a list of Racycle owners so one day I can offer the following:
Years ago I had a couple of Pacemakers, Roadsters and a Ladies Racycle. One of these bikes had actual RACYCLE HANDGRIPS on it. Over many years one grip fell off and got lost (as I have looked for it for years) but I had managed to save a very good condition example. I had made a mold to make reproduction grips but this mold, and the original grip were shelved as I got busy on other bicycle finds and projects.
Basically "if" I get enough response sent to my email address (and not a posted request here on the CABE as I may miss your request), I will start a list of people wanting these special grips and "if" there is enough response, go on the serious hunt for the mold and original grip and start making reproductions.
The original grip had RACYCLE cast into it and I've never seen another but would appreciate someone posting a photo if they are lucky enough to have one.
Mike Cates, CA.
[email protected]

I know Blue took on this task many moons ago. Specifically what years and models used these grips?

Thread 'Racycle grips- made' https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/racycle-grips-made.51205/

image_zpsca66130b-1.jpg

I know Blue took on this task many moons ago. Specifically what years and models used these grips?

Thread 'Racycle grips- made' https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/racycle-grips-made.51205/

View attachment 1782832

Yes, Blue loved his Racycles and would bring them out every once in a while to take photos as seen in these pics.

Blue even made replicas of the head badge and they were indistinguishable from an original. It was always fun hanging out at his garage!

Image 42.jpg

untitled.jpg

Image 43.jpg

Image 35.jpg

Back