When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My favorite coppertone

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mayohsauce26

Look Ma, No Hands!
7350F58A-1A98-40B6-B7FB-12A786E0F736.jpeg

Nice collections guys!

I love the coppertone glow of Schwinn. Here's my line-up:
1961 Continental Tourist 5-speed
1967 Stingray Deluxe red band
1967 Fastback Ramshorn
1967 Twinn Deluxe 5-speed (1 pic normal- the other muscle-biked out)
1967 Racer single speed
1967 Fastback chopper w/ S-2 fat slik

Let's see some more! Show us some gems
JTD

IMG_0357.jpeg

IMG_1248.jpeg

IMG_1366.jpeg

IMG_1458.jpeg

IMG_1512.jpeg

IMG_6105.jpeg

IMG_6190.jpeg

I'm a Tandem Guy, I have ridden and like them for years. I'm interested in your Deluxe Twinn five speed, and the fact that you have the primary chain adjusted to "out of snyc". I was wondering if you have tried it both ways?

My experience is with the primary chain "out of snyc" it is lots easier to ride and balance the tandem. In fact you can almost ride without hands. The only down side I see is that it's harder to get on and off when both riders don't have the same foot down.

I still have a Paramount Tandem, and a Schwinn Mini Twinn.

John

I have to admit that I just bought the bike off CL and took it apart to clean/re-pack/change cables and housing. Being new to tandems I never even put a thought into coordinating the cranks and pedals. I haven’t even had the chance to ride it yet- it’s been crazy snowy here in Colorado.
First question I have is which is considered the primary chain? The derailleur chain? I never even thought of the pedal positions being in or out of sync.
So if I read your post right, you are suggesting keeping the pedals out of sync, right? Are they good like they are or would you suggest different positioning? Man, I am so glad you shared your knowledge. Please keep it coming- I’d enjoy hearing more. Thank you. Tim (JTD)

I have to admit that I just bought the bike off CL and took it apart to clean/re-pack/change cables and housing. Being new to tandems I never even put a thought into coordinating the cranks and pedals. I haven’t even had the chance to ride it yet- it’s been crazy snowy here in Colorado.
First question I have is which is considered the primary chain? The derailleur chain? I never even thought of the pedal positions being in or out of sync.
So if I read your post right, you are suggesting keeping the pedals out of sync, right? Are they good like they are or would you suggest different positioning? Man, I am so glad you shared your knowledge. Please keep it coming- I’d enjoy hearing more. Thank you. Tim (JTD)
LOL, it's just one more topic to argue over. Like the CABE needs more topic's.

Traditionalist's will want the front and rear rider pedals symmetrical. It looks cool and makes it easier to mount and dismount from the bike for the two riders. But if the two riders are not "100% in sync" it makes it difficult for the captain (front rider) to balance, and you get sore arms.

The way you currently have it set (out of sync) will be a lot smoother riding. Think of a smooth four-cylinder Japanese motorcycle engine compared to a vibrating 90-degree twin. It's really quick and easy to make the change, just loosen the idler sprocket and reset the front crank position 90 degrees. My advise is to try it both ways and come to your own conclusion.

John

Back