When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dual Headlights on a 1959 Jag!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schwinndemonium

Finally riding a big boys bike
Original equipment for this Jag is this CEV headlight on top, the optional Union generator light is below. I like the looks of the bike, which is now 100% complete and correct for the first time in possibly over 60 years.

Thanks to Andy Green for reconstructing the electric mechanicals for me in this light and his pointers for troubleshooting it as well.

While I had the bike out after installing the rebuilt light, I applied new decals on the tank to cover the hand painted tank scripts I did to the bike in 1978 to make the script look a bit more smooth and bold to boot. I also replaced the rear teardrop "S" reflector with a reproduction unit I had laying around for the last 15 years still in the bag. Bike is really looking nice for a more common black 1959 Schwinn Mark IV Jaguar!

The replacement bezel arrived today and it polished up to a sheen that is very close to the condition that my light housing is in so it is a good match.

The bracket that came with the donor light is the correct bracket for this CEV light as it does not need spacers to work, plus it had the original 10 MM nut, bolt and 2 anti rotation star washers with it and it cleaned up and looks wonderful on the old bike, like it was always there.

Just went to the serial number data base for this bike. If I read my serial number right, it was built October 6th, 1959, which means it was probably sold in early 1960. But with that said, it does have the large metal color coordinated badge instead of the now famous plastic "starburst" badge used from mid 1960 on thru 1964.

1959 Jaguar with dual headlights CEV bat and Union gen..JPG

1959 Jag with dual headlights project complete image 2.JPG

1959 Jaguar with dual headlights now installed, and bike cleaned up.JPG

Last edited:
First time I've seen that set-up. I like it, it gives it a look of it's own!

Back