When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicycle shop stickers

-
From an old Flying Dutchman. Late 1970s.

C3560929-19AD-4BB2-A30A-5EE714FBE3BC.jpeg

-----

thank you!

remember ordering from their mail order catalogues back in the early 1970's

IIRC Flying Dutchman was a house brand for them; do you know the maker of the bicycle?

-----

I am not real sure. There have been discussions about the FD brand in BikeForums. I remember the name Aquila being discussed. Could that be a possibility?

View attachment 1808920Chicago area, shop sticker on a 1973 Schwinn, Sting-Ray.
Said to be the bike shop where Marc Mueller worked, before he went to work for Schwinn, and headed up the Paramount Design Group in Waterford, Wisconsin.

That’s my last name! And I believe I had (have?) relatives in the Chicagoland area. Wish my dad were still alive to confirm whether we’re related or not.

Does anyone know where this shop is located? Dick and Tom lived in Cali so I assume the shop is located somewhere around were they lived or worked. If I'm correct in guessing the shop name it's Willows. The sign is blocking one letter and I can make out WILL and WS on the other wall.

nc_ohc=wmxHojZPLwYAX8CkSCw&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-2.jpg

Back