When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help determining which Schwinn model this is

-
Are you gonna make that a custom rider? That stem didn’t look like it was the factory issue, I blew up the picture and it’s kind of a weird looking thing.

I'm leaning towards custom rider at this point... I've lost my enthusiasm for rebuilding it all correct. Too many unknowns on my part, and mixed and matched parts. Along with cutting the stem bolt off, I also had to cut one pedal off. It was rusted/welded to the crank. Do you think it's a Schwinn stem? I'd ike to find a correct crank.

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3025.jpg

I do have this very cool old crusty embossed Whizzer tank tho..... I'll bring it when I take the bike frame and forks to the sandblaster for clean up. I also have a Whizzer H motor. Not running. Maybe I just clean them all up and stick them together? I dunno.

IMG_2936.jpg

Oh boy, yeah that stem looks like it was original. With what you’re starting out with I’d go with a custom rebuild. Fix her up how you like!

Last edited:
I be ecstatic that the wedge of the stem wasn’t stuck! That can be a huge problem to overcome. Shouldn’t be hard to find replacement parts if you chose to use the original stem.

Fun project. Can’t go wrong no matter what you chose to do.

Back