When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What color is my '67 Continental?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
When I was checking the bike out with the seller he was surprised by it's age, thinking his brother had gotten it as a birthday present later than the manufacture date decoded from the serial number. Perhaps it was a dealer redo purchased at a discount? Just an idea. That would've been something my dad would have bought. I love my dad, just that he taught me to shop around for a deal, and I thank him for that. Nice way to say he was cheap. Nothing wrong with that.
🙂

For what little I paid for this bike my plan was to make this a get-around-the-neighborhood bike. Flip the bars around, different brake levers and grips, rack on the back, ride wheelies with it. When I do the rebuild I'll take a closer look at it. Maybe something else will be revealed.

-----

its an excellent find in that the fittings are so all original

if you make the changes you describe it would be good to retain bits removed all together in one location/container so machine could be returned to OEM configuration if ever wished in future

usually at least a few items have been replaced well before a Continental gets to this age...

which reminds me...

Schwinn experts, what would have been the OEM saddle at this date?

am thinking perhaps Ideale model 42?

-----

Last edited:
-----

if you make the changes you describe it would be good to retain bits removed all together in one location/container so machine could be returned to OEM configuration if ever wished in future

usually at least a few items have been replaced well before a Continental gets to this age...

which reminds me...

-----

The 1967 Continentals must be like chickens teeth. I cannot find a single example! The rear derailleur should be the Sprint branded plastic jockey wheel piece. Last year for Sprint branding. Schwinn went to the vinyl seats in 1968. Here's the seat tube decal that was used for years on the Continental, and still used on the 1968 model below.

large_IMG_0204.jpg

Last edited:
-----

which reminds me...

-----
The 67 Continental I bought has a Lycett saddle.
67 Continental.jpg

Last edited:
Well I'm glad to have picked up this one-of-a-kind piece. I love a good mystery bike. My theory is that it was purchased by the seller's family at a later date than manufacture, as the seller had thought, and that it was perhaps factory or dealer reconditioned and repainted for reasons yet unknown. @Schwinn Sales West would you know if there were reconditioned bikes available at dealerships? Either way, I like the color and will retain any equipment that might get swapped out during my rebuild. It looks like this bike is in good shape and will clean up well and should make a fun rider. Thanks to everyone who has replied. Stay tuned for updates. I love the CABE.

Back