When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you work on today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Time to finish “correcting” the old Centurion Pro Tour, it came with Suntour Cyclone derailleurs but some evil type updated it to a Shimano rear derailleur sometime in the old girls life.

So off with the evil foul black thing...

E2E885DB-6437-43A0-85E0-744675401D81.jpeg

And on with the good...
30CA5C23-A9E3-4E4F-BF3D-9CF5AC122A0E.jpeg

You just can’t have too much polished alloy!

5969CB3C-85A3-466E-A4AE-E13C0FA1172F.jpeg

Last edited:
Got this bike all torn apart now. Started with the wheels yesterday, and amazingly, all double butted spokes were removed without too much effort. I soaked 'em in a citric acid bath and all are salvageable. Another soaking today and I'll call it good. But I did lose the cad plating. Haven't decided if I'll clear coat or linseed oil to preserve bare metal. Still experimenting with best way to clean this bike. Not seeing miraculous results on the few test areas with my traditional methods. Think this might be a tough one. Any suggestions besides WD40 and 0000 steel wool on the white in particular?

Edit: Going to go with linseed oil for lubrication on the spokes rather than sealing in potential rust with clear coat.

'45 DX BEFORE.jpg

Last edited:
Got this bike all torn apart now. Started with the wheels yesterday, and amazingly, all double butted spokes were removed without too much effort. I soaked 'em in a citric acid bath and all are salvageable. Another soaking today and I'll call it good. But I did lose the cad plating. Haven't decided if I'll clear coat or linseed oil to preserve bare metal. Still experimenting with best way to clean this bike. Not seeing miraculous results on the few test areas with my traditional methods. Think this might be a tough one. Any suggestions besides WD40 and 0000 steel wool on the white in particular?

Edit: Going to go with linseed oil for lubrication on the spokes rather than sealing in potential rust with clear coat.

View attachment 1792674
Perfect candidate for an oxy bath, While you're at it take one too.

Back