When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone here own a Miami / Flying Merkel Bicycle?

-
Did you just get this? I had one of these with me at Memory Lane last year.
I remember yours as I tried to buy it. You had it there two Springs ago. I bought this from Scott the last time I visited Dallas. I think he bought it from you as part of the package deal?

I have half of a bike with this- late 1890's original Narrow Tread Special. Check out the twisted square spoke in this image. I passed on a front wheel that popped up on ebay a few years ago with these spokes and now I really regret it....

IMG_8299.JPG

Two questions... Actually just a bump to see if this thread might see some action and additions.

1) Late one night and deep, deep, down into The Cabe rabbit hole I was studying photos of an original looking Miami frame set up at a swap meet.

I saw the photos once and have been looking for them ever since. Does anyone recall or perhaps might re-post those photos? I believe this may be one of the photos?

2) Has this thread been edited from it's original version into a more navigable piece or is it still the old, long unedited version? Seems quite tight to me with lots of great information.

IMG_1144.JPG

Last edited:
Two questions... Actually just a bump to see if this thread might see some action and additions.

1) Late one night and deep, deep, down into The Cabe rabbit hole I was studying photos of an original looking Miami frame set up at a swap meet.

I saw the photos once and have been looking for them ever since. Does anyone recall or perhaps might re-post those photos? I believe this may be one of the photos?

2) Has this thread been edited from it's original version into a more navigable piece or is it still the old, long unedited version? Seems quite tight to me with lots of great information.

View attachment 1852093
Have you read this?

Back