When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom 1974 Stingray

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

azcottonpicker

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello people, it's been a while since I been on here. I been so busy with physical therapy from a fatal ankle/foot accident. It just takes time even 4 years later but good improvements. Here is a recent local find from an online classified i encountered. A custom-made cruiser type design using a serial dated 1974 Stingray. I'm in works of continuing this but changing some parts to OG Schwinn but keeping the full covered fenders as I love chrome. I got it a NOS chain guard part# 51-350 chrome mid 70's on style. I'm going to paint it to same color as this frame was painted "Red Pepper" on guard but leave the top portion chrome like the Krates were. Still an ongoing project as I'm in the process of waiting for spokes coming in to lace my awesome looking Bendix blue band "overdrive" to a nice condition S-2 center stamp wheel. I paid $300 for this bike that has a nice conditioned 20" genuine super deluxe springer. You all what part alone is worth.

FJIMG_20230108_132903.jpg

The springer fork a lone is double the price I paid for the bike. Good deals are out there just got to stay on top of things. I replaced the awful white pedals that were on this bike to NOS 1998 re-issue pedals I had collecting dust. I have the white Stingray decals and handlebars 70's type. The front wheel S-7 was polished out and turned out nicely. That Scrambler sprocket will be changed to the smaller mag 46 tooth sprocket. When all done will post how it will look with changed parts and NOS accessories. Stay tuned.

20230214_220404.jpg

Parts and new parts I been detailing with Simichrome polish I been using since 1977 as then a 13-year-old kid learning to not only learn to detail chrome but to take care his bike.

20230214_220538.jpg

20230211_125757.jpg

20230220_230918 (1).jpg

Back