When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell... 2/26/23

-
Picked up a new shirt for riding…
FC26731A-FBD4-4E37-BB02-C380245D264F.jpeg

663CA72A-7BE8-483B-BE27-448AEA2B6151.jpeg

This may or may not have been posted before, certainly not in this format. I'm not a cell phone guy ( had to get one to be able to get into an Eagles concert/bar code entry) but having fun with the versatile camera and ease of use and quailty of pics. The Bluebird tank is kinda a cool foreground for King Kong ( 1950 battery op that works/beats his chest/walks and roars) and a GO-GO Fay Ray lookalike. She's a mover and a shaker at the flick of a switch too, but in a different way than Kong? As the movie theme suggested, are they not somewhat alike in spirit? They both have ample chest measurements! I digress.....

Staying on strange/Sci Fi, monster cool stuff, I was at my buddy Mikes( winding down 35+ years to retirement/clean out) antique shop yesterday and he found this old Mullard vaccuum tube ( any info is welcome) in a cupboard he had forgotten about. All dusty wires hanging etc. and it peaked my strange taste. How to display was the concern. We ( another Customer Scott I've known for decades,& Mikes Wife) searched the shop for an appropriate base ( soda fountain glasses etc.) and Scott came up with a hanging sconce light fixture that showed promise. I often love a challenge. This is what I came up with. I ditched the wired socket& end cap and somewhat altered the brass like ends. I put a cheap remote light/offers multi colors underneath, and voila!

A couple more toy boats. ( I set up the original Arkansas Traveller scripts with a toy K&O Mercury 1000 with A/T aluminum boat) The Arkansas Traveller was pictured last week, but I took it to a new level with the Merc., so consider it a new "showing". I'm not usually into "cutsey" but these duck valve caps belong on Donald. Another thrift store pick from a pal came home with me this week. Note the Esso sign and other "ghosted" images, vintage double gas pumps, old Harley and rider, '40 Ford coupe. A work by Canadian artist James Lumbers. Google his name and see the wonderful things he paints!! Even my G/F loved this picture! Happy Sunday Cabers!

EW.jpg

IMG_2050W.jpg

IMG_2052R.jpg

IMG_2054Y.jpg

IMG_2038.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_20423.jpg

IMG_20434.jpg

IMG_20445.jpg

IMG_20468.jpg

IMG_20477.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2004.jpg

Last edited:
The stuff you guys find is amazing! I look forward every week to this thread as you never know what someone is gonna come up with. Thanks @jd56 for doing this every week!!

The last thing I need is more stuff so trying hard lot to look.🤣🤣 Even still, things have a way of finding me. Mostly good things.🤓

A repeat customer that works for Jumbo-Visma cycling gave me a couple caps the other day. Awesome! I can always use a cool hat!

IMG_20230224_163332833.jpg

Back