When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pope Manufacturing question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Runningonempty

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hi, recently found this small ceramic dish in Melbourne Australia. Searched online and found it’s possibly a Souvenir?
Anyone else seen or have one of these?
What else did they do apart from these 2 pieces?
Or any other information would be great. Cheers

B4703B70-FE0E-4053-8B82-609610E97C0D.jpeg

0A0FBCE2-32D7-40C7-8442-9FC354510CC6.jpeg

EC3D39C8-EA33-4F57-B662-AA3DAEEA51BB.jpeg

9C1D2A79-4223-461E-8F5B-E800B05DD685.png

86A54462-DDCF-4EB9-AD44-16E71B29EE62.png

Possibly. What are the dimensions ?

Though they are called tip trays I believe they were also used to hold business cards or other promotional items.

I also have several other items in this set including milk pitcher, canister with lid, cigar ashtray and shavng cream canister. Im guessing of course on the intended purpose of each. They came in both red a blue graphics. Most in my collection have the crazing that yours has and I suspect that they Trully are from the 1890's. I do have one pitcher (like the one pictured on worth point) that is smaller than that one and has no crazing. I suspect that one to be a reproduction made in the 70's but do not know for sure.

I also have several other items in this set including milk pitcher, canister with lid, cigar ashtray and shavng cream canister. Im guessing of course on the intended purpose of each. They came in both red a blue graphics. Most in my collection have the crazing that yours has and I suspect that they Trully are from the 1890's. I do have one pitcher (like the one pictured on worth point) that is smaller than that one and has no crazing. I suspect that one to be a reproduction made in the 70's but do not know for sure.
Very interesting!
The lack of info about them on the web made me think older rather than repo. Usually repo stuff will be easily found through Google Lens or Ebay listings.
One thing that confused me was "Made in England" backstamp. I know in the early days the UK was the major manufacturer of Ironstone but looks like America were also producing in a lesser way? In Australia most of our older stuff was UK made. ( But most have the makers backstamp)
I suspect Repo items would be Made in China or possibly Japan

Back