When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bike identification please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Robertriley

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I was watching this one for some time before I purchased it and I think it is a Columbia but I'm not too sure. Maybe Shelby? Any guesses?

20230308_092703.jpg

20230308_092652.jpg

20230308_092628.jpg

20230308_092624.jpg

20230308_092618.jpg

20230308_092615.jpg

20230308_092605.jpg

20230308_092555.jpg

20230308_092551.jpg

20230308_092545.jpg

I was thinking Columbia when I purchased it but the fork and truss looked Shelby. If' it's a Shelby, I could do a Lindy tribute.

A very mysterious bike reimagined perhaps over and over again. Pieced together? First item of business would be to discover the BB serial number under all the added paint. Headset cups don't look like Shelby to me. There are other makers that had flat sided (sort of) cups. Fork and truss rods may appear Shelby but not sure about them either. Snyder made a flat crowned fork like that late 20's/early 30's. Who knows if the rods and fork were combined? Frame does not look Shelby. Frame tubes not equal diameter. Chain adjusters not Shelby. Check out the rear drops on this frame. NEVER seen a rear axle carrier that looks like that. I think the serial number and the id of this "rear axle carrier fork end dropaway" on the back of the frame design will be the key to ID.
1678374190415.jpeg

A very mysterious bike reimagined perhaps over and over again. Pieced together? First item of business would be to discover the BB serial number under all the added paint. Headset cups don't look like Shelby to me. There are other makers that had flat sided (sort of) cups. Fork and truss rods may appear Shelby but not sure about them either. Snyder made a flat crowned fork like that late 20's/early 30's. Who knows if the rods and fork were combined? Frame does not look Shelby. Frame tubes not equal diameter. Chain adjusters not Shelby. Check out the rear drops on this frame. NEVER seen a rear axle carrier that looks like that. I think the serial number and the id of this "rear axle carrier fork end dropaway" on the back of the frame design will be the key to ID.
View attachment 1800875

20230309_075903.jpg

Well. Those small tabs on the bottom of the chain stay bridge sure look Shelby Cycle Co. Really surprised the two top bars are different size diameters, which goes against traditional thought. Hmmmm. What you say @Archie Sturmer?

Last edited:
Back