When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn 1960 Black Jaguar $900

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Here is yet another from the past. 1960 Jaguar. This one has the two speed kickback and optional front brake. First year for kickback? Jaguars were the top of the line middleweight and had a $84.99 list price. That's $852 in todays dollars. Optional brake was $3.35 (32.85) and whitewalls $1.25 (12.63) Imagine trying to sell your parents on a bike that costs that much. I suppose parents spend $900 on their kids bikes these days but still pretty strong. Remember no credit cards back then but a lot of Schwinn stores did offer the make payments plan which I think was a big success.

001.JPG

003.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

Last edited:
Could you post the serial number of your bike? I am trying to figure out when the earliest year and month the two speed red band was used on a Schwinn.

Here is yet another from the past. 1960 Jaguar. This one has the two speed kickback and optional front brake. First year for kickback? Jaguars were the top of the line middleweight and had a $84.99 list price. That's $852 in todays dollars. Optional brake was $3.35 (32.85) and whitewalls $1.25 (12.63) Imagine trying to sell your parents on a bike that costs that much. I suppose parents spend $900 on their kids bikes these days but still pretty strong. Remember no credit cards back then but a lot of Schwinn stores did offer the make payments plan which I think was a big success.

View attachment 1791479

View attachment 1791480

View attachment 1791481

View attachment 1791482
$852. That’s probably the official government inflation calculator figure which has been way off for most of the last Administrations. Both sides lie about inflation. The true inflation rates are much higher than they show.

The adjusted price for this bike could easily be as much as triple that amount.
There are hundreds of kid/ young adult bikes selling for $1,500-3,000 now. Most kids don’t get something that expensive because most parent don’t have that kind of disposable income.

I rarely saw a Jaguar when I was a kid and I lived near, not in, some upper class neighborhoods.

Love that bike though, very nice!

Last edited:

View attachment 1791479

View attachment 1791480

View attachment 1791481

View attachment 1791482
Are you selling the Jaguar? If so, I’m interested. Let me know please!

Back