When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help in finding information and parts for this trike.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I spent some time looking this morning but didn't find the bearing parts. Not too surprising in a 30 x 50 foot building full of stuff. I'll keep digging.
We only got an inch of snow last night but the big storm is supposed to start tonight and go through Sunday.

You wouldn't happen to have any pedal tractor parts in your storage building would you? I have a 60's era AMF pedal tractor I'm trying to repair. It needs a new drive axle and sprocket as well as a pair of wheels and rims. The original ones or at least the ones that were on it were 16 x 1.75 and those seem to be extremely difficult to find.

Thanks again for your help Gordon, I appreciate it.

You wouldn't happen to have any pedal tractor parts in your storage building would you? I have a 60's era AMF pedal tractor I'm trying to repair. It needs a new drive axle and sprocket as well as a pair of wheels and rims. The original ones or at least the ones that were on it were 16 x 1.75 and those seem to be extremely difficult to find.

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days and missed this topic. I have a used pair of AMF tractor tread 16 x 1.75 tires from a Big 4 tractor I scrapped last year. They are still on the rear wheels. The wheels aren't really usable because I had to grind them loose from the axle due to heavy rust, but the tires still have good tread. i can take a photo of them if you'd like.

I'll have to do a little digging on the trike model. I've seen that design on the rear part of the frame before but can't recall what brand it was.

Dave

First time posting on this forum.

View attachment 1795463I am searching for information as to the make as well as parts for this tricycle that my grandparents have had since I was young. I was able to find a front bearing holder on ebay but I don't think it would properly fit the yoke for my trike. Any information and a contact to get parts is greatly appreciated so thanks in advance.

Gene
Gene,

I found your trike maker. It was made by Garton and appears to date from the late 1960s to early 1970s. Here's an image from a 1974 Garton brochure. You can see one of the trikes near the bottom of the page (partly obscured by glare) has that cowling on the front head and frame, and the over hanging pieces above the rear wheels. Yours has the banana style seat which could be more in the late 1960s. Not sure how many years this style was produced.

1974Garton.jpg

I had a pair of wheels with tires - the job is to find them. I also had some drive sprocket assemblies. I'll see what I can find.

I had a pair of wheels with tires - the job is to find them. I also had some drive sprocket assemblies. I'll see what I can find.
Thanks so much Gordon, I really appreciate that if you can find those parts let me know. The sprockets have 12 teeth. I tried finding some at Tractor Supply but nothing that would come close to fitting the chain. If you find them and are able to post pics of them that would be great.

Gene,

I found your trike maker. It was made by Garton and appears to date from the late 1960s to early 1970s. Here's an image from a 1974 Garton brochure. You can see one of the trikes near the bottom of the page (partly obscured by glare) has that cowling on the front head and frame, and the over hanging pieces above the rear wheels. Yours has the banana style seat which could be more in the late 1960s. Not sure how many years this style was produced.

View attachment 1802003
Thanks so much on both accounts. Pics of the tires and wheels would be great. I had to do the same with the ones that were on the tractor, as they were crudely welded on so I'm not sure how they were mounted to work without spinning. I've seen some that were squared at the axle for the drive wheels. I greatly appreciate your help and info.

Gene,

View attachment 1802003
Do you have any other pictures of this trike? I used to ride this when I was a kid visiting my grandparents and I've had it since their passing. It's been "in storage" since waiting for it to be repaired. As much as I'd like to restore this to original condition I'm not sure that's possible unless I can find an intact cowling and see what other parts may be missing from it. I'd also need to reupholster the seat.

Thanks so much on both accounts. Pics of the tires and wheels would be great. I had to do the same with the ones that were on the tractor, as they were crudely welded on so I'm not sure how they were mounted to work without spinning. I've seen some that were squared at the axle for the drive wheels. I greatly appreciate your help and info.
I'll take some pics as soon as I can. It's been windy and cold around here lately. From what I remember about the axle, the end had a pin through it that was seated in a round plate attached to the wheel center with two screws. I believe both ends had this pin, in other words both rear wheels were drive wheels.

Dave

Do you have any other pictures of this trike? I used to ride this when I was a kid visiting my grandparents and I've had it since their passing. It's been "in storage" since waiting for it to be repaired. As much as I'd like to restore this to original condition I'm not sure that's possible unless I can find an intact cowling and see what other parts may be missing from it. I'd also need to reupholster the seat.
The only thing I've been able to find is cover pages from Garton brochures with artist renderings of similar tricycles. Here's three from 1968, 1969, and 1971. The rear design like yours is depicted on two of them and the front cowling is depicted on the third. I wonder if you know anyone with a 3D printer, that they could print you out a replacement cowling based on the front and undamaged side design?

Dave

1968Garton.jpg

1969Garton.jpg

1971Garton.jpg

Back