When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Primer

-

Rigs

Finally riding a big boys bike
If you’re doing a repaint and don’t want to use a gun this is absolutely the best primer you can buy. High build and covers perfectly and forgives scratches and blemishes. Hit it with some 1000 or 1500 and paint comes out flawless.

349B55BA-F81D-4220-8ACC-813EFED5FDB0.jpeg

Hey, newbie here. I appreciate your technical advice. Where can you get this product? One application I’m concerned about with primer generally. In doing a lugged frame, will a product like this diminish the sharp lines on the lugs? Thanks.

Hey, newbie here. I appreciate your technical advice. Where can you get this product? One application I’m concerned about with primer generally. In doing a lugged frame, will a product like this diminish the sharp lines on the lugs? Thanks.
It’s pretty much a one coat primer it’ll get rid of scratches and blend but retain factory details. I purchased it at an auto body paint shop it was about 12 bucks. I’ll have to send you the name of the shop they may be franchised

It’s pretty much a one coat primer it’ll get rid of scratches and blend but retain factory details. I purchased it at an auto body paint shop it was about 12 bucks. I’ll have to send you the name of the shop they may be franchised
So you would readily use it on a lugged frame?

Hi GT. Thanks very much for weighing in. I appreciate you and everyone’s expertise. Your reply, I am interpreting, is not specific to this product. I previously bought Rust-Oleum Automotive Primer 2 in 1 Filler & Sandable. Is your advice the same for this product, or I should‘t use this Rust-Oleum on a lugged frame?

I've shot a good bit of Nason paint through a gun onto cars. It's always given me good results.

For me, sanding primer to 1000-1500 is smoother than I'm ordinarily do. Is that what Nason recommends ?

I've shot a good bit of Nason paint through a gun onto cars. It's always given me good results.

For me, sanding primer to 1000-1500 is smoother than I'm ordinarily do. Is that what Nason recommends ?
In theory 600 should be fine enough, it more depends on what the paint wants for adhesion. Paint will fill 600 scratches, but I don’t know about lower grits. I’d spray it and see what Nason recommends, and see what whatever paint you use recommends, and then find a happy medium, but I would be more keen on using the paints recommended grit as it is the final product to be used.

Hi GT. Thanks very much for weighing in. I appreciate you and everyone’s expertise. Your reply, I am interpreting, is not specific to this product. I previously bought Rust-Oleum Automotive Primer 2 in 1 Filler & Sandable. Is your advice the same for this product, or I should‘t use this Rust-Oleum on a lugged frame?
Makes no difference what type of paint or primer. The thinner the overall paint thickness is the better. Thick paint cracks chips and falls off really easy.

Back