When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 whizzer

-

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Not sure who won this one, just happened. A buddy texted me the link and it was live just a 1/2 hour ago, by the time
I clicked on it, SOLD! I remember back in 1999 reading Leons old newsletters and calling old ads that were 15 or 20 years old or so
back then, the guy had bike parts and NOS stuff listed in the classified. I actually made contact with him and a buddy of
mine here locally and I flew out to VA. family trip for him mixed with a picking trip. We went to the owner of that whizzers
house at the time, not knowing a 39' whizzer would be there, but I remember crawling in the house attic and recovering
good antique parts...laying them out on the dining table and buying them.. He eventually took us out to a small shed size
outbuilding and there was the Whizzer. Did not want to sell it at the time...he was in his 80's back then. I left him my info
hoping 'one day'. Oddly enough...I ran into his info and address etc last year and mailed a letter to the address inquiring
about the whizzer, no reply, most likely passed on. Not sure how the Ebay seller acquired it...maybe an estate sale at some point.
But WOW what a killer early example.. One that 'got away' ...
Anyone here get lucky on this auction?

s-l1600.jpg

It was listed for quite awhile before selling. I saved it to my watchlist at 4:00 a.m. my time yesterday. I wasn't interested enough in it to deal with getting it home, but was curious to see how long it would take to sell. If you wanted one, you'd be hard pressed to ever find a better example.

to archive it:

RARE Original 1939 WHIZZER MODEL D! Schwinn Motorbike SURVIVOR Prewar Motorcycle​

Condition:UsedUsed

Sold for: US $6,198.00
Pickup:Free local pickup from Roanoke, Virginia, United States

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

the above pic draws Strong Desire...
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

one of the Z series
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

fair reason to replace; to ride....
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Save that pic
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Here she is! The holy grail of Whizzer motorbikes!
1939 Whizzer model D, on a 1938 Schwinn motorbike.
First year, first run.
Deluxe model.
To my knowledge, all original. 1942 tag still attached.
Original tires, paint, seat, and plug.
Turns over with compression and good spark.
Carb and tank are clean. I have not tried to start it.
It has been on static display.
Leaks a little oil. One split in tire. See pics.
A few dents, dings, rust, scratches. As expected.
No title. Doubt it ever had one.
This is the hardest Whizzer to find, by far.
Only a few hundred made in this original configuration.
Excellent for display. Be the envy of all your friends.
Make an offer.

Located in Roanoke, VA.
Willing to help load. May be coerced into delivery.

Please see photos for description and details.
Buyer responsible for actual shipping charges.
Feel free to ask questions.

It got relisted, then ended because "item is lost or broken" ! I'd contact the guy if it were me wanting it. You never know what's going on.

Back