When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to tighten this seat post?

-

HerrOtto

Finally riding a big boys bike
I know to most of you , this is a stupid question, but I picked up this Power King 3 speed (Made in Japan) and it was missing the seat post tube bolt, so I thought all I had to do is insert a bolt and tighten it up. As you can see in the pictures, there is no slot in the seat post tube to collapse with the bolt tightened. How do you tighten this seat post in the seat post tube? Thank you

20230313_185941.jpg

20230313_185954.jpg

20230313_190009.jpg

20230313_190021.jpg

I'm sorry, but I am unfamiliar with that. Its a cheap department store bike. I don't think there is anything fancy about it.

I have not tried it yet, but can you tighten the post with the seat on or does it have to come off?

I'd start with the seat in place, set to where you are comfortable, and slide a thin automotive-type wrench onto the seat post wedge bolt. Tighten it into place enough to hold the post where it is (you just need to have it stay in place enough to remove the seat). Then remove the seat and use a regular wrench to fully tighten down the wedge bolt. Then put the seat back on.

What kind of bike is this?
I've seen American Evans bikes with this style. And later asian Schwinn aluminum frame with this kind, Quill, but different binding action.
Now..... ?

Back