When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Typhoon Flat Bar Build 50th Anniversary Edition!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks for the reply and information. I appreciate the pics for reference as it will make it easier for me to figure out date of mine. Once I get it back from the shop I will take a closer look.

Hello,
Quick update on the process of getting this bike put together. The front wheel was laced up to the drum brake and the local bike shop that is helping me with this is a little slow during the winter time here so they are assembling it. Usually, I would do some of the assembly but it will require all of the cables for the rear derailer and both brakes which I don't have much experience with. So here is a few pics of the pile of parts that getting put together soon. Most of the parts and frame have been posted in other sections of this thread but there may be a few pieces that I haven't posted pictures of so far.

parts 2.jpg

parts.jpg

Really excited to get this together and get some miles on it.

Not sure of the exact stamps on the petals, but I think they might be SR's. They have most of it assembled and hope to pick it up later this week. I will post pics as soon as I get it back from the shop.

Reactions: ian
Thanks AC and Ingola for sharing pics of your bikes! Ingola, how did you get the twin bar sections of the frame silver? Is it painted silver or polished bare metal?

Hello,
So the bike shop completed the initial assembly of the bike and I had to do some work to get the brake stays attached to the frame. Once I get the stays attached it will go back up for final assembly and cables.

IMG_4432.jpg

The front brake stay for the orbit drum did not fit the fork profile whatsoever. Unfortunate as it was a NOS part that has to be modified to work for this application.

IMG_4441.jpg

IMG_4436.jpg

This is how it came originally.

IMG_4443.jpg

Made a few cuts, added a tab at the top and welded it back together.

IMG_4445 (1).jpg

It now fits the fork profile much better.

IMG_4447.jpg

Used a aluminum clamp off of a wheelchair and removed some material from the inside surface for the tab that was added to the braker stay.

IMG_4449.jpg

IMG_4451.jpg

Finished product.

IMG_4452.jpg

IMG_4454.jpg

Pro tip of the day: Don't buy a part that doesn't fit unless you have a lot of time.... Now on to the back as that brake stay is not working in its current form either.

Back