When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Whizzer Photo Thread!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My 1948 J motor Whizzer has come quite a way since last year when it arrived on a truck from PA after only seeing a couple of pictures before buying it and shipping it to Florida....Had not run in 4 years. Of course the tank needed the varnish and rust out and the carb rebuilt and upgraded. After getting it running and riding around the neighborhood two weeks ago, it was time to "dress it up"! Many tweaks still to go, but it is looking good so far.

IMG_2294.JPG

IMG_3853.JPG

IMG_3895.JPG

IMG_3935.JPG

IMG_3902.JPG

IMG_3914.JPG

The viintage J was wrapped up and put aside in the shop when I got back my newly installed Westman Cylinder onto my stock lower end to reunite with my Red NE5 Wnizzer "Gator". Mr. Q had it up to over 50mph through the break in rides before shipping it back to me. A little more than 10 days later, it is back on the road and as I said to my NE5 mentor John yesterday, "WOW now I know why you love to ride your Whizzer"! What a blast of power through the midrange... which is where I backed off under 40mph until I install my Worksman heavy wheels on the bike. Getting it dressed up while getting it used to our hot weather (Yes it is HOT in southwest Florida!) and ready for a car show March 4th where i will display the old (1948) with the New (2004) Whizzers side-by-side for the crowd to enjoy.

Note in the third photo of the new Cylinder, the Phenolic carburetor insulator I machined to replace the aluminum version. I made up 6 of these in a production run and gave one to my Mentor John and one to Mr. Q to use on one of his racing motors. It keeps the carburetor under 115 degrees even after a lengthy ride.

IMG_4135.JPG

IMG_4140.JPG

IMG_4117.JPG

Last edited:
My 1948 J motor Whizzer has come quite a way since last year when it arrived on a truck from PA after only seeing a couple of pictures before buying it and shipping it to Florida....Had not run in 4 years. Of course the tank needed the varnish and rust out and the carb rebuilt and upgraded. After getting it running and riding around the neighborhood two weeks ago, it was time to "dress it up"! Many tweaks still to go, but it is looking good so far.

View attachment 1772766

View attachment 1772767

View attachment 1772768

View attachment 1772769

View attachment 1772770

View attachment 1772771
After participating in a car show on March 4th where I included my "Gator" red modern Whizzer and this 1948 J Engine classic (Took first place in the Motorcycle Category with the Gator bike) I met a car and motorcycle collector who showed some interest in the 1948. Long story short, I delivered the 1948 to that new owner on Saturday to be displayed in his "museum" of vintage cars and motorcycles in Michigan. He did not like the look of the mirrors, so they were taken off for final sale and for reference, the bike brought close to $4000. It was a fun project to refurbish such an interesting legacy restoration and pass it on to someone who has the space and place to display it for others to enjoy!

Model D or Model E 1939-1940 made in Los Angeles, california
Somehow the response to a much earlier post of the motorbike pictured here got mixed with photos of a D model just posted.

Yes, of all people, I certainly know what Model D was (and yes, the latest posting shows a D and not an E). Back in the 1970s I got many of Floyd Clymer's papers and many original papers, sales items, etc. from Breene-Taylor Company in Los Angeles. Yes, Breene-Taylor made the original friction-drive Whizzers. And at one time I owned Whizzer motor serial #003.

I am attaching a sample of some of my Breene-Taylor items.

As for Whizzer Luxembourg... a friend from Luxembourg many years ago got many items for me from there and assisted me in interviewing someone there who was in charge of the European operation. This interview and other things took place in the 1970s.

I still have all of these papers and photos from Luxembourg too. I am attaching a sample of Whizzer Luxembourg sales literature and dealer book section insert.

Leon Dixon
National Bicycle History Archive of America

e990b5e9a6ace691a9e68998e8bb8a004.jpg

WhizzerLuxembourgWM.jpg

ModelD&EitemsWM.jpg

Back