When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1973 Schwinn Varsity Deluxe for sale

-
Price
Zipcode

Tour De Luxe

Finally riding a big boys bike
This was a gutter find in my neighborhood. I cleaned it up and replaced all the rubber and greased it up. Put on some Schwalbe H-159 tires to replace the OEM Schwinn Puff High Pressure Road Racers. Still have the Puffs if a collector is interested. They actually don’t look that bad, but I wouldn’t go screaming down at hill at 30 mph with those old tires.

The bike had a fair amount of surface rust, but OA and elbow grease cleaned it up nicely. I listed it on Craigslist in Charlotte, but no takers. It rides nice and looks great. Looking for $125 to cover my costs. Probably would only make sense for a local pickup. I am, however heading out on an RV trip through the Northeast in two weeks, so could arrange a drop off in PA, NY, Quebec or MaineView attachment 1651665
View attachment 1651666

View attachment 1651667

View attachment 1651668

View attachment 1651669

View attachment 1651670

View attachment 1651671

View attachment 1651675

View attachment 1651676

I’m more of a rider than collector, so don’t need another road bike in my garage.

Back