When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cog removal tool.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Barnegatbicycles

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Figured I would also share this here. I took a couple spare parts and made a tool to clamp in the vise for removing gears off of various coaster brake hubs. So far I was willing to part with ones to do morrow, musselman, ND a and c/d, Bendix? and Atherton. Also modified a tractor supply chain wrench with some beefy skiptooth block chain.

IMG_20230319_165026286.jpg

IMG_20230319_165038223.jpg

IMG_20230319_165350850.jpg

IMG_20230319_165402331.jpg

Been looking to make skiptooth chain whip, that tractor supply looks affordable & simple to swap in a 1" pitch segment. 👍
I don't have cog driver clamp tool, but thinking keep wheel on bike, secure cranks and rotate cog lefty should work?

I made myself one of these for both skiptooth and regular chains using some scrap metal I had lying around. The metal I had wasn't thick enough so I bolted two pieces together then attached some old chain to either side. The bolts are also used with a piece of signpost to give leverage.

As far as having a clamp tool, I just keep a couple of junk wheels around with tires on them which have the hubs that I use on them. When I need to remove a cog, I just pick the appropriate wheel, thread the driver in and go to town. Works fine. I've only had one that I couldn't get off, it bent the teeth on the cog before it would let go.
IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

I have one like the one above. But it has blown apart. I tried to grind away most of the weld. So it weakened it + falied in last few attempts. Morrow cog. The version I fabbed for ND.still intact . I have found the driver for morrow is already worn , so I put it in vise and crunch the helix. And from now on I use heat from propane torch No more going ape on it .Heat is the key.

Back