When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Velocity Blunt 35 Rims

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Love the profile - how do you feel about the width @fordmike65
They're a lil wider, but I have seen some wood wheels about this wide. I'd have to confirm, but I believe my chainless Crescent has rims about this wide. They do have a slightly lower profile, but I'd say they're a great alternative to the pricy and hard to find 36h Velocity Blunts.

So does the Schwalbe little big ben tires fit these SE rims? Any other tire alternatives to them? The schwalbe tires are a 28" so....?

How about spoke length and brand? I need to build a few wheel sets soon. If not I'm selling the bikes instead. If I can't ride it, I won't own it.

So does the Schwalbe little big ben tires fit these SE rims? Any other tire alternatives to them? The schwalbe tires are a 28" so....?

How about spoke length and brand? I need to build a few wheel sets soon. If not I'm selling the bikes instead. If I can't ride it, I won't own it.
@Iverider shows the Lil Big Bens mounted on both Blunts and the SE rims here.

You will break an antique bicycle frame before you break a blunt. SE being BMX oriented means their rims are likely explosion-proof.

I just got two pairs of the 36 hole SE J36U rims in the mail today. They are a little wider than the Blunt 35, but the profile is more round and the drilling offset from one hole to the next looks nicer than the Velocity in my opinion. Blunt 35s have a little flat spot around the inner circumference of the rim.

View attachment 1805986

Left to right​

Velocity Blunt 35
SE J36U
Painted steel clad
Velocity Blunt 29
Wood rim #2
CB Italia Viaggio 700c clincher
Velocity Blunt SL

I took some measurements of stuff that I had on hand to get an idea of some of the widths of original singletube rims and their cross-sectional profile height. The entry for “44” is the SE rim.

View attachment 1805987

The SE rim with Schwalbe Little Big Ben in 28” fork.

View attachment 1805988

Blunt 35 with same tire
View attachment 1805991

View attachment 1805989

View attachment 1805990

Some “700c” tires are labeled 28”.
It might say “28” but look for the other number.

622 will fit. 635 will not fit.
If you’re unsure about tire sizes seek Sheldon Brown’s tire size chart.

Back