When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia Twin Bar Superbe original paint

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Shipping
Actual cost based on buyers location
Zipcode
Is there a C followed by a number to the right above the serial number?

Is there an F to the left of the 36 on the hub?

C88255FE-6D22-43CD-BCCD-10520603DEE5.jpeg

FE408B5F-8736-48AE-A999-F42FCB141465.jpeg

8E46C185-5060-4A66-B1C4-26BF3F6739EE.jpeg

Ask and ye shall receive

Last edited:
Hi Ted @tryder

Thanks for asking (-:

Yes, B12 is a frame made in December 1935, A150507 says the frame was kept in stock, and built up about August 1936.

F3 on the Morrow hub is Q3 1936, so could be original to the bike.

I don't have any other Twin bars recorded close to this one.

The neaest survivor I have recorded is: A150880, an Elgin Motobike. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/elgin-motorbike-original.35891/#post-194774

Best Regards,

Adrian

Last edited:
Hi Ted @tryder

Thanks for asking (-:

Yes, B12 is a frame made in December 1935, A150507 says the frame was kept in stock, and built up about August 1936.

F3 on the Morrow hub is Q3 1936, so could be original to the bike.

I don't have any other Twin bars recorded close to this one.

The neaest survivor I have recorded is: A150880, an Elgin Motobike. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/elgin-motorbike-original.35891/#post-194774

Best Regards,

Adrian
Thanks for the info! So would we call this a ‘35 or ‘36? And I’d be curious how many more twin bars you’ve recorded? There is a thread somewhere on this site dedicated to these, might benefit from a posting of reference bikes. There is also a thread on this specific bike in the project section.

Hi Bud @bud poe

No problem, I'm interested in the production of Westfield bicycles, and you've provided a nice line of information for me, including the Morrow date. Thanks for your help.

It is fairly unusual to see such a gap between frame manufacture, and production date for Westfield. More normally it's a question of days to a few weeks maximum. I think where a model was slightly less popular at the time, due to cost, end of line or whatever, sometimes it took a while for all of the frames in a batch to be built up, meeting demand as it occurred.

I personally would consider it to be a 36, since that's when it was completed.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Back