When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First new old bike(s)?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Brother Mac:
Many, many variables here! Some of them are reasonably easy to define like the type of riding you're planning and the type(s) of bikes most suitable for that riding. But then there is aesthetics, which is highly personal (e.g., banana seat and no rust). I recommend spending some time looking around this forum; you'll find a marvelous variety of answers to the question of "what kind of bike?" Also, you will see that the answer that many of us arrive at is that one needs a different bike (or several bikes) for each type of ride. Of course, that can result in overflowing garages, basements, and sheds (remember that clutter is in the eye of the beholder). Another factor that you need to consider is the balance between riding and wrenching that brings you joy. You will also experience a range of that on this forum. Some of us do more wrenching (and painting and polishing) and some of us do more riding. It's all good. Most of all have fun. And keep us posted on your journey.

Excellent points. everyone seems super-chill (one of the biggest reasons we moved back here), and the point of the ride is "let's all roll out from the record store for tacos and beer!"
More like Super Stoned lmao 😎 pot store on every corner hahahaha

Nice meeting you and having a beer! Have to come over and I’ll pull a few of mine out and let you take them for a spin!

Follow your heart. When you see the right bicycle that also fits the budget you will know it.
I like this answer. And further...there was probably some yearning from when you were an adolescent that could drive your choices. For me, it was in college and the birth of ten speeds. It's OK to recapture your youth, but if you're doing serious miles as an adult you'd want the appropriate ride. And be able to get parts enough to keep it going. Don't just be seduced by interesting paint/features and rare antiquity......

Kevin

Back