When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Violet Collegiate

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
You’ll most likely have to flip that chain ring around so the concave side is facing out. Little thing I learned with my 66 violet collegiate 5 speed… it’s flipped for chain alignment purposes. Doesn’t look as pretty but I ain’t gunna argue with what the old girl wants 😂

You guys beat me to the punch. I thought I had read somewhere on the site that the chainring had to be flipped. I was going to ask one more time before putting things back together.

Started putting some parts back on the frame to clear off my limited workspace.
IMG_7906.jpeg

IMG_7907.jpeg

IMG_7908.jpeg

But you have the chain ring on inside out. Seriously, no joke. All 5 speed bikes have the dish to the outside including the 1st one Schwinn built, the Corvette 5.

Last edited:
You have the chainring on backwards, like everyone else is saying. Flip it around before you go any farther with assembly. I believe you will have chain clearance issues when shifting gears if you don't.

Back