When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Macro Monday: Ultra Close-Up Zoooomed in Detail Shots on Monday!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Haven't played on this thread in awhile, but just finished a brake conversion on the Merc to center pulls.
XNvtPrk.jpg

The Gran Compe 610 CPs have a sleeve nut on the back plate mount, letting me use full-length titanium brake bolts
TMPwf8B.jpg

aZrcMsc.jpg

SmWmPm8.jpg

Last edited:
No, but certainly inspired by Boris‘s craftiness. It’s a @Miq reflector. Using my unauthorized New World Torch and Lantern brand. Pressure cast the jewels myself, 3D printed the bezel and base, neo magnet and collar hold it onto the seat post end. The color disappears when you get off axis with it. This yellow green variety is my attempt at “cultured” Uranium glass. Actually works great as a reflector at night. That silver reflector tape shown below is at the back of the jewel. It is pretty bright when illuminated.

4FBFEEE8-2B88-44FA-AABF-04DCD00E483D.jpeg

Adding a ps with a couple mechanical tips.
My project above was all about replacing the road-shock truss of a V-O front rack with the mini rack that mounts to the CP front brake, and bring the fork back to life.
At the same time, replacing inadequate side-pull brakes compounded by the added fender preload through the brake pivot bolt.
1Lpff7C.jpg

Added Nitto lamp holder 8L to the mini rack, plus Paul Gino to hold my Cygo head lamp.
If you guys have never used a Nordlock, these things are amazing.
The Nitto 8L bracket is attached to the rack through M5 rack boss - bolt from the outside.
Inside, I have small diameter M5 (#10) nordlock washer pair on the rack boss shoulder, the Nitto bracket, larger-O.D. M5 nordlock pair, then flanged M5 nylok nut. Contact between bracket and the rack nose is dampened by a small piece of rubber squeezed in the contact.
Nordlocks make this joint monolithic. The paired wedge washer design gets thicker if it tries to loosen, increasing clamping force in the joint - they can't get loose- vibration and shock makes the joint tighter.
oNZcdiU.jpg

The blue Gino lamp holder has an M5 guide hole, but since the Nitto bracket guide hole is for M6, I used a roll-forming tap to put M6 threads in the Gino, M6 bolt, and bellville spring washers on each side of the joint.
The light is never going anywhere until I relax torque on those joints.
nGblFtn.jpg

Last edited:
Back