When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia barn find - need advice

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bostonclassics1

On Training Wheels
Paid $20 for this long term indoor stored Columbia bike. Would appreciate your advice and thoughts on a value please.
The tires are toast, not been on the road for decades.
thanks in advance.

bike white 1 of 3.jpg

bike white 2 of 3.jpg

bike white 3 of 3.jpg

I hate to have to break the bad news to you, but value wise you'll likely be upside down by the time you buy tires and tubes. I'm sure it'll be a good rider if you fix it up and plan on keeping it. But if your plan was to flip for a profit, I don't see that happening. Bikes such as this one have no collector value, and would sell better on craigslist or fb marketplace than they would on here.

-----

header fooled me "braine" - read it as a barn find bicycle in the country of Columbia 😂

since shifters and rear mech Shimano the Simplex Prestige front mech is likely to be a replacement

appears very early '70's

brakes resemble Dia-Compe model 812

are they perhaps Cherry brand?

are pedals CECOR?

thank you for sharing this find

-----

I'm seeing a $25 bike
Agreed. Spend $50 plus on tires and tubes, do a tune up, and get it all cleaned up, it might be a $40 bike.

*Values are heavily dependent on geographical area. If you live relatively close to a college for example, someone might want a bike like this to get around campus. In other areas, people throw them away.

Back