When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the best line of work to be in to find old bikes?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HEMI426

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Over the years I've bought or got for free bikes from friends and family. They find them doing their jobs and knowing I'm into them they call me. Some jobs they have are, barn demolition, scrappers, one friend owns a junkyard, plumbing and heating (always in a bacement), dock worker at Goodwill or Salvation Army, yard & garage sales. Just riding an old bike and talking to people that say they have a bike hanging in their garage. I've gotten bikes from each of the above situations. Do you know of any others?

Entertaining bike shows that are geared towards modern bikes. My Princeton found me that way.

7E7181B5-8EDB-4850-B371-0C5D51F8A058.jpeg

Go to your local metal recycler. Tell them you want old bikes and you never know. I know of people that have scored bikes there and believe it or not the local garbage man....also in some cities they have free garbage days during the year ..where people put stuff out on the curb....including old bikes....I've found bikes in all the above...while not pristine but they are out there fellows

Last edited:
Back