When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicentennial Varsity

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ToonMan

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a 76 bicentennial varsity 10 speed. Trying to locate decals that are the proper color. I found the word 'varsity' but have been unable to find 'Schwinn' or any other decals for restoration of this bike.

Anybody has any ideas I would love to hear them. Thank you

20230306_145445_HDR~2.jpg

I think I have that decal.
But not the bands or the word Schwinn. Do you have more pictures of the decals in different angles?

Take note that the blue star and red white bands on your bike are the StingRay ones. the Varsity ones are wider. 3 stars wide on the blue band is an easy way to tell on that one.

img_0725-jpg.jpg

Take note that the blue star and red white bands on your bike are the StingRay ones. the Varsity ones are wider. 3 stars wide on the blue band is an easy way to tell on that one.

That's a really small framed Varsity and the decals may have been scaled down. Looks like the Sting Ray version is different being attached.

I never noticed if the 24" has smaller bands but I bet GT is right. Maybe they just cut the stingray one in half. The entire both bands together on the StingRay one is 1 1/2" The bands by themselves are 1 1/4 each on the Varsity ones.

Last edited:
I never noticed if the 24" has smaller bands but I bet GT is right. Maybe they just cut the stingray one in half. The entire both bands together on the StingRay one is 1 1/2" The bands by themselves are 1 1/4 each on the Varsity ones.
They are 2 different style bands all together.

Back