When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sunday's Show and Tell ... 3/26/23

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up a new old Lowes 1668 aluminum boat. 16' long 68" wide.
Don't think I can fall out of this one.
Decking needs modufication but, plenty of room on this bass boat.

inbound4624818743025432123.jpg

We had the Burley Creek Swap here in Washington yesterday. I sold and bought, think I came home with more than I took! Traded an early painted old sled for crusty barn find “Roamer”moto bike

7AF70A47-05DD-4B42-A53C-5655F4E7AFA8.jpeg. And Ryan the promoter @ Burleycreek gave me a sweet deal on his crusty old Hawthorne.

AD17C908-EA89-49AF-8163-ECC3D8BBF61D.jpeg
My find of the day was a $5 chain guard for my twinflex project! But picked up
669E7987-9462-45B9-B6AA-0B7922EE80EB.jpegmostly moto bike parts and accessories from fellow CABERs Jeffro @Rustngrease , Frank @Frank and Pam Skid Kings and Jeff @Jeff the Skid . Thanks guys for selling me cool stuff

Last edited:
No new acquisitions this week but I did get around to building my project LEGO Ferrari F40 from a few weeks ago. Not many missing pieces but several broken pieces that don’t want to hold well. It’s carefully built, now no one sneeze!

I did also say farewell to my beloved 2015 Tacoma that I’ve owned for the last few years. Stay tuned for next week’s episode for its replacement. Have a great week everyone!

E87D846F-EED4-42D2-B5B1-E0F0175482BE.jpeg

84476273-7766-43B6-80D7-9B07FDFCABBC.jpeg

It was another Rocket-tastic week!! I added this infamous Alexander Rocket bike! It’s the one that was on Facebook for 4-5 years before heading to Michigan. Well it’s still in Michigan! This is out 5th rocket bike!
Oddly enough this week my dad dug out his old Classic bicycle and Whizzer newsletters for me and THIS rocket was on the cover of this 1994 as a winner at Ann Arbor Michigan show! How wild!
I decided I don’t want fenders, chain guard etc. I like rockets pretty basic so here’s pictures of what it used to look like and what it looks like now.
The seller gave me this old rocket toy to. I’ll display it by my rocket bikes!

I also bought rocket badge magnets from rusty72 shown below.
And another Alexander flashlight holder
(not shown)
I get the most enjoyment from the Alexander / Rocket collecting. After all , fun is what this hobby is all about!
View attachment 1810138

View attachment 1810139

View attachment 1810140

View attachment 1810141

View attachment 1810142
Same guy had that and a jacked up Robin on eBay for at least three years. The bike may have won a class award at AA but pretty sure it didn’t win CBOY. Looks like you’re cornering the market on these! Be cool to see a group shot of all your Alexander stuff.

Same guy had that and a jacked up Robin on eBay for at least three years. The bike may have won a class award at AA but pretty sure it didn’t win CBOY. Looks like you’re cornering the market on these! Be cool to see a group shot of all your Alexander stuff.

It’s a fascinating area to collect. I’m having fun learning and studying the history. And sharing what I learn. I like most old bikes but I enjoy these the most.
Once all the scooters are delivered to me I’ll have to take group pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back