When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Paramount frame # questions, and info request!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

KeatingWheelCo

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Helloooooo- researching a few Schwinn Paramounts resently picked up and not finding the answers: Questions-frame # PT 79 and PT 31 what year(s)? Can't find any listing for the PT? And frame #526--Thanks, more pictures to follow, BPK!!

IMG_6964.jpg

IMG_6994.jpg

IMG_7030.jpg

IMG_7065.jpg

IMG_7114.jpg

The PT seems to stand for tourist frames in the early post war years. Best guess on the year of your two would be 1947, could be 46 of 48 too, there is little documtation other than the bikes themselves. Frame 526, 1951 to 1954. Would love to see more picts of them.

Thanks SirMike 1983 !! That black Sport Touring is close to new, original tires and possibly never ridden!!
Trainman999 -thanks for your information, appreciated.. Private message a cell# and I can send you a ton of pic's if u like, as pictures on my phone at the moment!!

Fabulous collection!
PT is an early postwar mark.
Most likely “Paramount Tourist” but that is just a guess.
They were all still being made at Wastyn Cycles then, so they had a number system that was separate from what Schwinn was using over at AS&Co.
BF6F1C09-AE02-46A8-8658-B5FF3C0D6CBB.jpeg
The tourist frames can be easily identified by the brazed on fender brace tabs on the frame and fork.

Does this one have the PT serial number? No brazed on tabs for mounting fenders and I can't tell if the stay bridges have been drilled on this one. From what I've seen on the prewar Superior racers, the bridges were pre-drilled with a very small pilot hole that could be used for later factory drilling if those parts were going to be used on a frame equipped with fenders. Does this one have drilled out bridges for mounting fenders?

img_7030-jpg.jpg

Back