When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Italian Head Badge thread

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-----

At last!

A marque well suited to perennial U.S. presidential candidate Pat Paulson.

-----
Paulsen; I think he was more consistent than Gerbi's badges! Thanks for the laugh. Pat should have been off my radar since he was "running" for Prez well before I could vote, but he never gave up for nearly 30 years.

As a note: my frame sports the decal badge represented by the 4th image as best as I can tell from the remnants. Purchased it assuming it was late 30s to early 40s, but I have not found another example with similar frame & fork design to date it

Last edited:
-----

We should explicate for the assistance of younger readers.

Mr. Paulsen was an American comedian whose career spanned the 1960's through 1990's.

Part of his schtick was that he was perpetually running for president of the United States.

He was also a vintner who operated a winery in the community of Asti California, in the Napa Valley. Hence the connection to the Gerbi cycle marque.

He proclaimed himself "mayor" of Asti.

-----

Imperiale; Dolo, Met. City of Venice, Veneto (est. ? Cannot find any coat of arms heraldry matching this badge, nor any info on G. Materazzo)

20230331_225435~2.jpg

Attila, Cicli L.V.; Cavazere, Met. City of Venice, Veneto (est. ? Not sure of the significance of the L.V.; possibly the maker's or shop owner's initials. The only reference I can find is a poster for "Cicli Attila", but I do not know if it is related to this badge since it has no image commonalites, nor location.)
20230331_220447~2.jpg

s-l1600 - 2023-04-02T085111.646~2.jpg

(photo credit: ebay seller greatposters) Artist: Armando Pomi 1895-1976

Last edited:
Cicli San Marco; Treviso, Prov. Treviso, Veneto (est. 1933 by the father of past owner Ezio Morasso [d. 2019 age 86yrs] in either Pordenone or Cinto Caomaggiore [conflicting info upon researching]. Shop soon moved to Treviso having various locations in the city, and has been at its present address since 1968. The shop still exists in Treviso, run by Ezio's son Eros [b.1970] an ex-amateur racer)

20230331_204234~2.jpg

Present shop logo
Cicli-San-Marco-accessori-cicli-e-moto-Treviso-768x403~2.jpg

(photo credit: Cicli San Marco; edited by Jesper)

Last edited:
Sile; Treviso, Prov. Treviso, Veneta (est. ? The Sile river runs through Treviso which had a substantial industrial footprint along its banks. I could not find an image which depicted the same scene as the badge. The buildings may be real, but symbolically placed with the river as seen on the badge.)

20230331_203402~2.jpg

Cicli Zarma; Noventa Padovanna, Prov. Padova, Veneto (est. 1927. Marco Zara; shop still in existence.)

20230331_203047~2.jpg

70s?
Zarma-cicli-decal-set-BICALS~4.jpg

(photo credit: Bicals)

80s-90s?
img_1_1680474708734~3.jpg

(photo credit: facebook Cicli Zarma)

download (1)~2.jpeg

(photo credit: facebook Cicli Zarma)

Last edited:
Bianchi; Milano (est. 1885. Edoardo Bianchi. I have no reference as to what this came off of, but I have yet to find it on a bike or motorbike. "SOC. PER AZ." is Società per Azioni/S.p.A. relating to the type of company; in this case joint share holders.)

20230331_204507~2.jpg

Ciclo Leoncini (no info. Unknown what "M.L.B." signifies. Possibly a Milano marque, or Genova, given the St. George's Cross symbology. I assume the rampant lion is related to the marque's Leoncini name translation of "little lion".)

20230331_225505~2.jpg

Last edited:
Back