When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's time for the e bike discussion

-
Well in that case, the first letter to the editor in your post #76, makes the most sense to me. I won't get into a discussion about where the tax money would come from because that would border on a huge argument and deleted posts.
I couldn’t agree more.
I think we should be more like Denmark in regards to bicycle infrastructure.
For every mile of automobile road, there should be an equal mile of off highway bicycle road.
And, commerce and trucking should have their own roads.
I’ve never minded paying taxes to support American infrastructure, but what I do mind is unaccountable bureaucrats using the resources for everything except American infrastructure.
We need to focus on WE THE PEOPLE.
Who pay the fricken taxes!

So is this one destined to become a classic?

FA471250-A7CB-4E37-A0E6-A7FA0D7ACFF6.jpeg
I’m inclined to say, yes!
At $11,000+ they probably won’t sell a ton of them, and it’s a Porsche!
It looked pretty sweet, and sported all the latest high end technology.
59117A55-27BA-40EB-B7E5-89C7856480FC.jpeg

D5A3C51F-89DE-45D1-9D04-ED4EB30231F1.jpeg

5D1B7224-F0B7-4782-90DF-EE6727B29535.jpeg

E0A82716-6178-44DD-A0A9-5D4F9ECBD0D9.jpeg

My only caveat, is that guys are going to naturally want to go faster than 15 mph.
But that may be a good thing, for us mere mortals, that still like to pedal our bicycles?

Last edited:
Give me a few days riding it in the rough and I will break the wheels in short time. "Integrated" everything is solid marketing/looks nice no doubt but favors the dealer when owner's can't diagnose or wrench on it. Those special Crank Bros-looking wheels failed miserably years ago on MTB's when they 1st appeared. The bike does look pretty cool. Categorically described in the "Sports, Fitness"-or "Lifestyle" arena. I would agree with the lifestyle category. Surely with a few tech tweaks, it could reach 40+mph. So far, the electric-motored "Edison" by Am.Vin.B.Supply is still my favorite one so far.
1680010393232.jpeg

Last edited:
The letters to the editor, are one of my favorite things in the newspaper.
Here are a few, in response to the “Mayhem” article last week.
View attachment 1773119

View attachment 1773118

View attachment 1773120
😎

There's a famous surf spot in Orange County called "Trestles" where it used to be you would have to
hoof a significant walk down the beach path to get to the surf, people would ride their bikes occasionally
but it certainly cut down on the crowd situation due to the price of admission, a lengthy trek!
But now since the advent of these menaces... The once somewhat difficult stretch of coast line to reach
has become a freeway of E bikes. No one likes crowds in the line-up.. massive zoos ensued
thanks to the relative ease of invading that surf break. oh welp! the times they are a changin'! my wave my wave!!

One of my neighbors had 2 E-bikes in their garage. Both bikes caused a huge fire that destroyed the entire garage, damaged their home, and annihilated their car parked in the driveway.

A picture of my neighbor's house taken by a friend shortly after the fire broke out. The E-bikes were most likely being overcharged, which caused the electronics inside them to explode, causing the fire. Thankfully everyone got out okay including their dogs, but the house is currently being rebuilt.

IMG_8310.jpeg

Yep!
We had a similar catastrophe over here, when a neighbor was charging up the Tesla.
The house ended up being torn down to the foundation, and being completely rebuilt.
It’s a beautiful modern house now, and is currently on the open market for $1,400,000.00!
I guess that’s one way to upgrade the old neighborhood.
I’ve got a feeling, that house fires are going to be a common occurrence as we make the move to electrify everything with battery power.

Back