When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen bicycles!

-

mrg

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Well It's happened to me now!, I have a box trailer that's been in storage for 20+ yrs that today ( if the storage are right? ) someone cut the fence behind my trailer and broke the latch/lock and stole 2 1986 Columbia 5 Star Superb still in the boxes! ( I bought them in 86! ) Damm! they tore the end of one box and pulled the bike out and took the other box & all so thinking they came back twice, the power lines property behind the fence has 6ft weeds with a trail through them, dam power co. need to mow!, the homeless tweekers will stick out like a sour thumb so either a quick sale for cash or we'll see a tweeker bike with new Carlisle's and a Persons seat, I don't know if I even have the the receipt after 37 years!, not even sure what else is gone but mostly furniture, did a quick fix on the latch and backed it close to the fence to make it hard to get the double doors open.

Sorry to hear about this Mark! I know what you're feeling.

I had two 8x16 Pods loaded with all my things when I moved out of my last house and they were parked in the back fenced in area and locked parking lot at my Son's warehouse. Some low life cut the gate locks and Pod locks and went thru both pods unloading them to get to the backs. Taped up boxes were cut open, desk drawers broken open and a big mess overall. They must have spent the weekend going through all my schit taking stuff out to get to the back where I had all the valuables and then putting the stuff back inside, closed the doors and closed the gate and left. Monday morning when I got to work I noticed one of my TV's sitting next to the Pod. That's when the knife stuck my gut. I have no idea what all was taken other than my rolling tool chest, Marlin 30-30 Winchester and 6 ammo boxes full of handgun ammo along with a bunch of coins, silver dollars, etc in the desk. One small drawer was missing to carry the loot that was in the desk. Oh, all my LP's were gone too. Hang em high!

Sorry to hear about this Mark! I know what you're feeling.

I had two 8x16 Pods loaded with all my things when I moved out of my last house and they were parked in the back fenced in area and locked parking lot at my Son's warehouse. Some low life cut the gate locks and Pod locks and went thru both pods unloading them to get to the backs. Taped up boxes were cut open, desk drawers broken open and a big mess overall. They must have spent the weekend going through all my schit taking stuff out to get to the back where I had all the valuables and then putting the stuff back inside, closed the doors and closed the gate and left. Monday morning when I got to work I noticed one of my TV's sitting next to the Pod. That's when the knife stuck my gut. I have no idea what all was taken other than my rolling tool chest, Marlin 30-30 Winchester and 6 ammo boxes full of handgun ammo along with a bunch of coins, silver dollars, etc in the desk. One small drawer was missing to carry the loot that was in the desk. Oh, all my LP's were gone too. Hang em high!
And I don't care that they have substance abuse problems. If you choose to flush your life down the toilet that's on you, I save my sympathy for people whose wounds aren't self inflicted. Hang 'em high and leave 'em to twist in the wind, maybe their buddies will get the message.

we live in a fairly good neighborhood but still use alarms and these two will check out the back if the alarm goes off plus Sam Colt's equalizer.. @Boris knows what the hose is used for.lol..

klaus18.jpg

Last edited:
This aggressive, morally bankrupt behavior is increasing in a fast-deteriorating social swamp we call our home. So sorry to hear about this. Complete violation of the simplest of rules. Happens to most of us, but it certainly doesn't make it ok. A buddy of mine a few years ago had his entire trailer stuffed with his life cut off the back of his truck and stolen from a big hotel chain west of Salt Lake City during a move to California from Colorado. Everything was stolen and the trailer abandoned........if it helps, it could have been worse. Sad man.

Back