When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Always Expect the Unexpected!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

YenkoStingerMaxx

Finally riding a big boys bike
About a week ago, I had a dent pulled out of my '65 Corvair convertible by one of the members of the car club that I'm in, and he asked me to meet him at his house. I get there, and it's something out of horror film. Overgrown palm trees, and a long driveway. I get out of the car, and he starts working on it. As the dent is being pulled out, we started talking, and he mentioned that his roommate had some bikes inside the house. I'm thinking, "What could possibly be in there?" So, after we get the dent banged out, he brings me inside the house, and there are bikes everywhere. There were quite a few Chicago made Schwinns inside the house. One of them was a late '60s/early '70s Schwinn Breeze, he had an old Columbia inside the house, a couple '50s Schwinn girls' bikes, one of which had badly rusted fenders, and a Rocket Ray light on the front. He had a high wheel bike inside the house, a few others, and the crown jewel of this guy's collection was a '47 Whizzer based off a Roadmaster. Check these out!

IMG_8297.jpeg

IMG_8296.jpeg

IMG_8295.jpeg

IMG_8293.jpeg

IMG_8294.jpeg

IMG_8292.jpeg

IMG_8290.jpeg

IMG_8289.jpeg

IMG_8288.jpeg

IMG_8291.jpeg

Are those dummies sitting at that table? Interesting Casa.
Yes. Cowboy mannequins to be exact. He also had all kinds of weird taxidermy in the house; including a huge beaver and a lion wearing a helmet and horse saddle. I didn't get a photo of those. However, he did have all kinds of old cars sitting in the backyard, which included a Studebaker, Meyers Manx, a BMW Isetta, and some other European stuff too! Oh, and he also had a double decker bus too!

That’s quite the burglar deterrent beside the Whizzer. At least he was kind enough not to have it set for you. He must like you lol. Cool stash.
Yeah. I couldn't believe my eyes. The roommate also had a '54 Cadillac in the garage which I didn't get to see but he knew I was into bikes when I came inside the house. I would post photos of the cars he had in the backyard but this is mainly a bicycle forum. The '47 Roadmaster Whizzer is a particular favorite, and was the one I liked the best. My first thought when I heard there were bikes inside was that he at least had to have a Phantom in there along with a DX. I was surprised to find out that assumption was wrong.

Back