When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cycle Trucks- Post’em!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ridden not Hidden

_nc_ohc=3oZNAzxSbiQAX9WNcpH&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.jpg

That's a fun looking CT you have. How does it ride? I'm thinking of possibly deleting the basket on my old Roadmaster for easier riding.
It rides great ... I have another Chicagoland hot rod Cycletruck in flat black & orange which I also posted .. the white one was a vision that I had that started with the red line front tire & a 24" x 3.5" fat rear white wall in the back .. I found the Cycletruck frame & fork already painted with some 80's waterslide decals already in place from a friend at a local SoCal Swapmeet & it was on ... I laced up a set of black odyssey rims with a 2 speed Sachs automatic rear hub stainless spokes & red spoke nipples for ease of the ride ... had to do some kind of light setup to utilize the basket frame support area .. decided on a pair of Delta Silverrays with custom cat eyes for lenses ... I have since changed the cranks to a set of Redline 3 piece BMX & a new larger chainring too ... one of my favorite features is my suicide shift bell Angle City Brewery - LA Blonde beer tap handle with the vintage bell mounted to the seat tube ... the Southern Speedster head badge & yes everyone said it needed a basket .. because Cycletrucks need a basket - so I found the smallest one I could that would fit my Marshall bluetooth speaker & put a wood base - just like the originals onto it ... A real fun build & a unique crowd pleaser that I love to ride ... I may ride it this Sunday @ a local car show in Orange ...

Thanks for the question .. Ridden not Hidden - Frank

I’ve been up in the air about what to do with the rear wheel on my 1939. It appears like a Lobdell, thick spokes with a Morrow. But the wheel is rusted through and I have to replace it. Front wheel is a drop center that appears original. I cleaned the rear hub last night to date it, 1936. Makes me feel better about it not being original, because I want to make this thing really ridable. I’m not a big fan of kick backs. I’ve got a 3 speed Nexus hub laying around that I could lace into a drop center. Won’t be heavy duty spokes, but that’s ok. I’ve got an 8 speed Nexus in my main rider, which is incredible!

What I love about the Cycle Truck, is how each one is open to its own interpretation of what type of delivery it was to be used for.

F5F93829-223D-4F6D-B569-46E3222CBC39.jpeg
Every one is unique in its own way.
F340971C-A417-4FC8-AFD2-942CB704DB89.jpeg
This Power Truck showed up recently, and delivered the Doughnuts. 😋
B86EA72F-9BF3-41BC-9FAE-38FDA07DAC20.jpeg
This Nathan’s truck was just for show, but it was so well done, that you could practically smell the Hotdogs.
EC81B950-CFC1-45FB-968A-F7D1B10BF7A8.jpeg

1331AE60-6968-4760-945B-EA584F5B2205.jpeg
This 1942 Truck came from Lamberts Cycle Shop in Claremont, New Hampshire.
EC0990CD-2B6A-4260-9E66-8BA3BA4E4E2F.jpeg

742C6B0D-BA09-4C69-AEFB-03DFD3332FA3.jpeg

59A38A4A-9E12-417E-A78F-EF93639CB379.jpeg
At some point, Proprietor, Conrad Lambert decided to put a Castle facade on the place, and call it, “The Toy Castle”
EF18911D-8581-478F-BAED-9C04485CA6E7.jpeg

856A043C-2BA7-455D-84B3-2BB6FA08950E.jpeg
Probably a good move.
I mean, who doesn’t love Lionel Trains and Bicycles?
🤪

I’ve been up in the air about what to do with the rear wheel on my 1939. It appears like a Lobdell, thick spokes with a Morrow. But the wheel is rusted through and I have to replace it. Front wheel is a drop center that appears original. I cleaned the rear hub last night to date it, 1936. Makes me feel better about it not being original, because I want to make this thing really ridable. I’m not a big fan of kick backs. I’ve got a 3 speed Nexus hub laying around that I could lace into a drop center. Won’t be heavy duty spokes, but that’s ok. I’ve got an 8 speed Nexus in my main rider, which is incredible!
I have to admit, as we get older, a choice of gears is nice to have at your disposal. Look at it this way. Add the gear hub and you're not doing anything that cannot be reversed.

John

My Cycle Truck is a 1964. We think it was a Navy courier bike. Dad bought it about 40 years ago at a Navy surplus auction in Norfolk, VA. It was Navy gray and had reflective stickers all over it. I just brought it home to Texas where I live from his estate. He took it apart but never did anything with it. I am in the process of restoring it but I am going to restore it as it would have come prior to service in the Navy Yard. It will be red.

I have to ask? How did so many Cycle Trucks end up in Puerto Rico? Was it because of the war? I'm sure there's a Storey there?

The San Joquin Valley in California (Sacramento/Stockton/Modesto/Fresno) held many WWII training bases, and the Sharp Army depot was a massive supply depot. All of these facilities used Cycle Trucks in their warehouses during the war. After the war, they were sold off as surplus material. Gallo Winery had a large glass bottle factory in Modesto, CA and they used the surplus Cycle Trucks in their glass factory into the 1980's as far as I know.

Cycle Trucks are cool.

John

I have to ask? How did so many Cycle Trucks end up in Puerto Rico? Was it because of the war? I'm sure there's a Storey there?

The San Joquin Valley in California (Sacramento/Stockton/Modesto/Fresno) held many WWII training bases, and the Sharp Army depot was a massive supply depot. All of these facilities used Cycle Trucks in their warehouses during the war. After the war, they were sold off as surplus material. Gallo Winery had a large glass bottle factory in Modesto, CA and they used the surplus Cycle Trucks in their glass factory into the 1980's as far as I know.

Cycle Trucks are cool.

John

There are 7 military bases in PR so that could account for some of the many CT's there. PR was mainly focused on agriculture before WWII, but that changed after the war when the economic changes came about in the late 40's. Factorys were being built due to Government incentives, so that might account for an increased need for CT's.

Puerto Rico Swap.

nc_ohc=oYd3vDSoYysAX_gYHVF&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-2.jpg

nc_ohc=TetDzYiYdUoAX_SEIW-&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-1.jpg

Back