When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clock finished

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Outboardbill

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Finally finished the clock. I did more than I intended. I kept the original clock face in order to preserve it. I bought a new face and had an art student paint it. Installed a new transformer to power the neon light which still lights after almost 75 years. Obtained a new etched glass as well. First time it has run in over 50 years.

PXL_20230424_233230098.jpg

Must be original Schwinn, it doesn't say Schwinn Approved.

I have appreciated Schwinn clocks for many years. It's amazing how many different versions were available. It's my belief that the reason so many versions are out there is because most of the clocks/signs we made and sold regionally by the different Schwinn Distributors. A few came through the Chicago Schwinn Parts Division, but it was too hard to ship the neon signs/clocks very many times. I know of two different neon Schwinn (Cycling and Fitness) signs that were sold from Schwinn Sales West during my time of employment. We took "special orders, and then drop shipped them from the sign company directly to the dealerships.

John

Back