When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1952 Schwinn Phantom project

-
I could not be more impressed. You did a wonderful job with your research and attention to detail. I believe you achieved your goal of a showroom condition, as new bike!
Will you ever ride this work of art?

Amazing work! All of the accolades you've been getting are well deserved. I can only imagine the dedication, time, effort and love it takes to restore a bike to that level. Well done!

Your goal to return the bike to like new condition as you would see if you walked into a showroom in 1952 was a resounding success.

It’s fun having a like new bike thats old, especially when it was a top line model.

My Phantom restoration is several decades older than yours so it isn’t quite as pristine, but it still is an eye catcher.

I ride mine often, it’s fun. People who see mine are fascinated, especially if they aren’t jaded vintage bike people. Car guys love it.

Are you riding yours occasionally?

Your goal to return the bike to like new condition as you would see if you walked into a showroom in 1952 was a resounding success.

It’s fun having a like new bike thats old, especially when it was a top line model.

My Phantom restoration is several decades older than yours so it isn’t quite as pristine, but it still is an eye catcher.

I ride mine often, it’s fun. People who see mine are fascinated, especially if they aren’t jaded vintage bike people. Car guys love it.

Are you riding yours occasionally?
Thank you for your kind words. I don't ride my 52 Phantom too often...very rarely. I have a few bikes that I've restored, and don't ride them much, other than a 1950 "early" Hornet (D-19 model)... I treat the 50 Hornet as my rider mainly because I customized it (custom paint, wheels, and some parts), even though it does have many original parts. The other bikes that I restored more to original, I just don't ride much. I'm afraid to scratch or nick them up and I want to preserve them as much as I can!

Back