When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reduced ðŸ‘€ '56 Schwinn Red Phantom 👀

-
Price
$1,375 OBO
Payment Terms
PPFF, USPS MO, Check
Zipcode

dasberger

I live for the CABE
Greetings CABEland!

The time has come to say goodbye to one of my favorite bikes "El Rojo". I've really enjoyed owning and working on this bike but I need make some room for a new addition....

Up for sale is my 1956 BFG badged Red Phantom in excellent original condition. Bike is nearly 100% original with the exception of a repop lens on the headlight (headlight shroud was in primer when I bought the bike but I have since painted to match), replaced tubes and replaced tires with NOS 80's Coker Silvertown repops.

As the story goes the original owner was injured as a young boy and was never able to ride a bike agai. The bike remained a prized possession and as such was well cared for.so Judging from lack of wear on internals as well as original condition I feel this story is plausible.

I spent roughly 30 hrs on the cleanup (documented on the CABE) ... so much chrome! Bike is serviced and ready to roll! The original seat is intact with no rips or tears but lots of checking from age. I oiled it several times and it looks great for display but I would invest in a rider saddle or have it recovered. Paint is vibrant and in excellent condition. Light internals as well as inside of tank/delta horn are extremely clean but untested. Some pitting on chrome as well as peppering in the rims but overall chrome shows very well.

If you've been looking for a nice original Phantom this one's for you! Don't miss your chance... all the hard work is complete!

Delivery to fall ML available

img_6558-copy-jpg.jpg

Look at all that chrome! "Bling, Bling"

img_6559-copy-jpg.jpg

img_6308-copy-jpg.jpg

img_6309-jpg.jpg

Serial

img_5835-jpg.jpg

Slight fading on one side of the badge

img_6626-jpg.jpg

Some light decal loss on the left side of tank but drive side or "money side" in excellent condition for display

img_6627-jpg.jpg

Chrome has held up extremely well. Original rack and reflectors in great shape

img_6622-jpg.jpg

Crank/chainring after clean up

img_6111-jpg.jpg

One small ding on front fender by the light as well as typical pitting on chrome

img_6625-jpg.jpg

One small ding on rack

img_6624-jpg.jpg

Original seat showing checking from age but no rips or tears. Treated with several coats of neatsfoot oil. CAD plated wear tabs still on board

img_5899-jpg.jpg

The worst of the plating loss on rear wheel

img_6628-jpg.jpg

Wheelset cleaned up and sporting a fresh set of NOS 1980's Coker Repop Silvertowns (It is a BFG Bike!)

img_6304-jpg.jpg

Original Red Scwhinn Teardrop grips in like new condition

img_5843-jpg.jpg

"Phantom" Phantom decal still present on guard.

img_5872-jpg.jpg

Inside of tank... Clean enough to eat off of!

img_5863-jpg.jpg

Original Delta horn with CAD plated button.... So fresh and So Clean, Clean!

img_5861-jpg.jpg

Springer after clean up

img_5892-jpg.jpg

Original CAD plated Torrington 'A' Pedals in excellent condition showing very little wear

img_6115-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Back