When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SCHWINN Built-In Kickstand Part Number Identification List

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

koolbikes

I live for the CABE
I recently was at a no longer Schwinn bicycle shop and came across a pile of NOS Schwinn Factory Kickstands / Sprag Assemblies. Many different Schwinn part numbers, some with the 4-digit and some with the 3-digit numbers and some with No numbers.

- 1st question is... When did Schwinn start stamping the 4-digit part numbers and when did they change to the 3-digit numbers?

I have the 3-digit Schwinn Part Number List that GTs58 has provided but it does not cover all the part numbers I have written down on my list. Also, I have a small 4-digit list from a 1968 part catalog but still not all the part numbers.

- 2nd question is... Is there a more complete Schwinn Kickstand Part Numbers List available?

- Last question... What is the Schwinn kickstand part number for a 20" Sting-ray Mini-Twinn and a 16" Run-about?

Much Appreciated!

From 1968 Schwinn Parts catalog...
Paper Tunes234.jpg

This list provided by GTs58...

Paper Tunes235.jpg

From 1982 Schwinn Parts catalog...
Paper Tunes236.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to add to this thread, although it is not necessarily an answer to the main question. I love all these Schwinn bikes, because there are so many interchangeable parts. When it comes to kickstands though, suddenly things get complicated. I have seen mention that the numbered kickstands don't start until about 1965, which leaves a huge gap in the general knowledge base.
I wanted a nice chrome kickstand for my newest Schwinn middleweight, a 1963 American. I bought the frame only from ebay last year because it had a very nice custom metalflake paint job. I found a nice kickstand at a swap meet for only $15.00, and the seller said it would fit. It has a number 355 stamped on it.
When I went to install it this #355 , it was not even close to the correct size because of the angle, and was nearly hitting the spokes in my back wheel. I went back to my parts bin and started digging out all my spare Schwinn kickstands, only to find a #370 that fit perfectly.
It turns out that not only do these kickstands need to be the correct length, from frame to ground, but the part that inserts into the frame have different lengths as well. Older frames like pre 1965(?) , have a longer straight section, 80mm instead of 60mm. This makes shopping for kickstands online like finding needles in a haystack. Sellers cannot properly identify them, so it is a real crapshoot.
I ended up making some photocopies of my kickstands and making some crude angle measurements with a protractor. As you can see from some of these images, there is a wide variety of angles and lengths out there, even among kickstands with the same #355!
There is one eBay seller with a bunch of numbered kickstands, and he has done a great job of measuring both of the important length measurements and matching those with the stamped on numbers. I will add that to the images here too, without knowing its accuracy, or the all-important angles.

I would like to add to this thread, although it is not necessarily an answer to the main question. I love all these Schwinn bikes, because there are so many interchangeable parts. When it comes to kickstands though, suddenly things get complicated. I have seen mention that the numbered kickstands don't start until about 1965, which leaves a huge gap in the general knowledge base.
I wanted a nice chrome kickstand for my newest Schwinn middleweight, a 1963 American. I bought the frame only from ebay last year because it had a very nice custom metalflake paint job. I found a nice kickstand at a swap meet for only $15.00, and the seller said it would fit. It has a number 355 stamped on it.
When I went to install it this #355 , it was not even close to the correct size because of the angle, and was nearly hitting the spokes in my back wheel. I went back to my parts bin and started digging out all my spare Schwinn kickstands, only to find a #370 that fit perfectly.
It turns out that not only do these kickstands need to be the correct length, from frame to ground, but the part that inserts into the frame have different lengths as well. Older frames like pre 1965(?) , have a longer straight section, 80mm instead of 60mm. This makes shopping for kickstands online like finding needles in a haystack. Sellers cannot properly identify them, so it is a real crapshoot.
I ended up making some photocopies of my kickstands and making some crude angle measurements with a protractor. As you can see from some of these images, there is a wide variety of angles and lengths out there, even among kickstands with the same #355!
There is one eBay seller with a bunch of numbered kickstands, and he has done a great job of measuring both of the important length measurements and matching those with the stamped on numbers. I will add that to the images here too, without knowing its accuracy, or the all-important angles.

IMG_9912.jpeg

IMG_9913.jpeg

IMG_9911.jpeg

IMG_9910.jpeg

#355, almost touching the tire, and the spokes. This is a 60mm insertion length meant for a lightweight bike.

IMG_9892.jpeg

This is the #370 kickstand that fit perfectly. It has the 80MM insertion length, and lines up with the chainstay perfectly. Disclaimer: this part shows marks from being clamped in a vice at some point in time, so figure that in. Experts please comment!

IMG_9893.jpeg

Schwinn made a change in the kick stands at some point. Stands with numbers on them are not interchangeable with stands that are not stamped. The cam is also different.

This is great info and deserves more likes 😀. These incompatible stands with the same part numbers that do not fit properly due to insertion depth and angle are truly a hassle. Thanks to all who posted and contributed to this thread. I am sorting out some issues on a couple of Varsity Sports and these are very helpful specs and photos.

Back