When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping, wow

-

ranman

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Admittedly it’s been awhile since I have shipped a bike. Shipped quite a few several years ago. Bike flights for quite awhile, was the cheapest and then it transitioned to me setting it up through FedEx and dropping it off at my local ship it store as being the cheapest.
I just went and estimated some shipping costs. $333 through fed ex, $247 through UPS and $147 through bike flights.
It appears bikeflights is once again the most reasonable?
Any input from folks that ship regularly?

Thanks,
Randy

For some reason shipping costs are all over the place. UPS and FedEx used to be very similar. Shipbikes and Bikeflights were a couple of dollars off from each other. Shipbikes gone and after pandemic it all changed. Each package needs to be shoped around every time for best cost. Never know who's cheapest day to day..

Admittedly it’s been awhile since I have shipped a bike. Shipped quite a few several years ago. Bike flights for quite awhile, was the cheapest and then it transitioned to me setting it up through FedEx and dropping it off at my local ship it store as being the cheapest.
I just went and estimated some shipping costs. $333 through fed ex, $247 through UPS and $147 through bike flights.
It appears bikeflights is once again the most reasonable?
Any input from folks that ship regularly?

Thanks,
Randy
They are usually the cheapest.....I also check Pirate ship....sometimes USPS parcel is an option.... depends totally on size,weight and destination...

Sounds about right. I would budget $150 to ship a bike now, and consider it a pleasant surprise if you do better than that.

Signup & price thru ‘Shipo’
I was surprised how much cheaper it was .
Shippo Web site https://goshippo.com/

Have not tried Shippo but have had really good results with pirateship.com on smaller items they use UPS and USPS
Probably similar services

Back