When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 Black Phantom Find

-

danfitz1

Finally riding a big boys bike
I found this 1955 Black Phantom and dragged it home yesterday. More evidence that the non-locking early style fork was used on some of the 1955 Phantoms. This bike was sold new at Park Bike Shop in Evergreen Park, IL. It appears to have been ridden very little and was properly stored. I have done nothing other than wipe the dust off. It should clean up nicely. I'm not a big fan of the Phantoms and have passed on the dozens of them I've found over the years. I'll probably hang onto this one. Original tires are still nice and soft and the bike rides really nice. They're still out there, especially the Phantoms.

55ohntm.jpg

55fork.jpg

park schwinn.jpg

I found this 1955 Black Phantom and dragged it home yesterday. More evidence that the non-locking early style fork was used on some of the 1955 Phantoms. This bike was sold new at Park Bike Shop in Evergreen Park, IL. It appears to have been ridden very little and was properly stored. I have done nothing other than wipe the dust off. It should clean up nicely. I'm not a big fan of the Phantoms and have passed on the dozens of them I've found over the years. I'll probably hang onto this one. Original tires are still nice and soft and the bike rides really nice. They're still out there, especially the Phantoms.

View attachment 1835693

View attachment 1835694

View attachment 1835695
What a treasure!

Back