When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phantom front fenders

-

loon36u

Finally riding a big boys bike
I'm hoping someone will school me on reproduction Phantom front fenders.
I bought a "Schwinn Approved" a long time ago. When I found a use for it, the light tray would not work - no indentation. Is there a repro made that will work?
Better yet - Anyone have one? I don't want an original, but a nice reproduction.

Thanks, GT
I'm aware of Bicylebones.
What I want to know is if there is a reproduction that accepts the original light.
I don't want to use the plastic piece of garbage.
My problem is that I don't know what it should look like.
I was hoping someone could show me what an original should look like.
The reproduction fender like the one I have won't work.

Thanks, GT
I'm aware of Bicylebones.
What I want to know is if there is a reproduction that accepts the original light.
I don't want to use the plastic piece of garbage.
My problem is that I don't know what it should look like.
I was hoping someone could show me what an original should look like.
The reproduction fender like the one I have won't work.
The fender you have now does not have the battery tray recess in the fender? Bones says his new fenders are better and have better chrome than the 95 issue and they do have the recess for the light guts. Not sure why the original light cover wouldn't work. If that was the case, Bones would be in hot water from lots of customers that purchased his fender.

ORIGINAL

img_7895-jpg.jpg

img_7900-jpg.jpg

I've got to backtrack on my first post. Apologies to Bicyclebones.
I should not have used the phrase that made it appear that I bought it from Bicyclebones.
The fender had the Schwinn brown tag-band still on it which means that it probably is a 90's Schwinn repro.
No recess for light.
Thank you very much for the pictures.
Thanks to you guys the fog has somewhat cleared.

I've got to backtrack on my first post. Apologies to Bicyclebones.
I should not have used the phrase that made it appear that I bought it from Bicyclebones.
The fender had the Schwinn brown tag-band still on it which means that it probably is a 90's Schwinn repro.
No recess for light.
Thank you very much for the pictures.
Thanks to you guys the fog has somewhat cleared.
in the 90s there was a lower level schwinn model that looked similar to a Phantom but used the fender you described. It was not the reproduction Phantom. The Schwinn reproduction Phantom fenders and the fenders sold by Bones are both correct for a Phantom with fender light

Reactions: mrg
Back