When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stingray brought back to life

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

56 Vette

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I bought a 1974 Stingray 5 speed almost 2 years ago, and haven't messed with it because it just wasn't in really great shape paint or chrome wise. Prices are through the roof on Stingray stuff and I bought what I could afford. Well this week at Memory Lane I spotted a beautiful 1977 5 speed same color frame, chain guard, and crank set with chain and derailleur for what I thought was a pretty good price. I brought my 74 to the swap and proceeded to switch the parts from the 74 to the 77 frame. I had already bought a replacement seat and rear slick for it and during the swap out procedure, I bought a cleaner set of handlebars, and a better rear fender. It's great doing this during a swap because parts are all over the place!! Well I ended up with a Stingray I'm very happy with, it rides awesome, and looks great in my opinion. I'm not putting it together to sell or mis represent it, but to have a nice bike to cruise around on and enjoy. Joe

Screenshot_20230506-221809.png

Snapchat-1930838215.jpg

Snapchat-320503187.jpg

Snapchat-35220822.jpg

Snapchat-1833984963.jpg

Snapchat-1223492491.jpg

I have done even a lessor version with 2 Stingrays myself.....one of them being a "barn find" 67 Coppertone....They are not fully correct.....but I can fix them as time goes by....They are fine for Me!!!!

Mr shifty, I haven't been to the GS Nationals but would like to go some day! Bryan, I agree, maybe not 100% correct, but I sure does bring a smile to face riding it!!

Back