When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is a Schwinn 5200A fender?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I just measured my phantom fender. Overall width is three and seven eights. At the indents it’s 3 3/8. So the frame change on the balloon models had to have happened after 1959 when the phantom was deleted.

I have a 59 Wasp at home as well as an early 50s Phantom and I'm fairly certain they are the same width. I can confirm if needed.

As many Cycle Trucks as I've seen at swap meets and had on my stand, I don't remember any(that were clearly originals) having a white tail on them, they just had the parallel pin stripes.

I have a 59 Wasp at home as well as an early 50s Phantom and I'm fairly certain they are the same width. I can confirm if needed.

As many Cycle Trucks as I've seen at swap meets and had on my stand, I don't remember any(that were clearly originals) having a white tail on them, they just had the parallel pin stripes.
I have a 54 Phantom as well as the 59 Wasp that I can compare now that you mention it. From what I've seen in pictures of the 60's CT's, you have confirmed that about the rear fender only having the pin stripes. Thanks...

I have a 54 Phantom as well as the 59 Wasp that I can compare now that you mention it. From what I've seen in pictures of the 60's CT's, you have confirmed that about the rear fender only having the pin stripes. Thanks...

Any chance that up 64 CT had white tipped fenders since the wasp had white tip fenders and both used exact part number? If the paint was diffrent wouldnt it have a seperate part number like the older balloner with white tips and the the old balloner without white tip

Shouldnt the part number be diffrent since paint scheme is diffrent? Any possibility that CT up to 1964 had tips and the following year since Ct was the only one left they only did pinstripes on those fenders?

Shouldnt the part number be diffrent since paint scheme is diffrent? Any possibility that CT up to 1964 had tips and the following year since Ct was the only one left they only did pinstripes on those fenders?
If you look at the Wasp and CT found in the 1964 catalog, you will see the Wasp has a white tipped rear fender. In all the pictures I have seen of a 64 CT, it simply has pinstripes. The 64 catalog lists both rear fenders as a 5200A, telling me it is just a part number, not cosmetic.

Back