When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
20230523_110944.jpg
1st ride on the 36 schwinn

I set off to do a 'Century Ride' with friends this morning.
I had to abort after just 10 miles and then limp slowly home.....
20230524_101234.jpg

...something went 'crunch' in the rear hub, causing the brake arm clamp to fail, causing the chain to come off the front and rear sprockets on a big descent!
I overtook the ride leader at quite a pace, on a bend; thank heaven there was a long, flat stretch of road before I hit the next T- junction!
Managed to solve the broken clamp issue with cable (zip) ties, and then gingerly rode back home with a noisy hub playing an industrial soundtrack all the way.
The culprit is in the second photo.....
20230524_163247.jpg

...that's 2/3's of one of the big bearings on the non-drive side, gulp!!!
Will fix it hopefully soon.

causing the brake arm clamp to fail, causing the chain to come off the front and rear sprockets on a big descent!
I overtook the ride leader at quite a pace, on a bend; thank heaven there was a long, flat stretch of road before I hit the next T- junction!
Scary at the time!!! Glad you are safe, and can fix that hub.
Rode a ‘38 Colson screw tank today

View attachment 1843410Started right before the sun came up...

Feeling addicted to riding miles lately, I rode 62 mi today for a metric century.
Yes! The more you ride; the more you want to.
Ride a bike all Day = Energy of a 10 year old boy....
LOVE IT!!!

I rode to the shop Monday, came home sick, in the truck;
rode it home today, safe and sound; feeling much better.
IMG_1361.jpg

Back