When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What bike did you ride today?

-
PXL_20230524_231655304.jpg

Friendly reminder, sometimes you've got to stop and smell the flowers... even if just to make sure they're still fake!

Longmont Bike Night #2 of season 19 with "Pajamas" as the theme. With thunderstorms passing through earlier the attendance was only 74. 🤷‍♂️ Luckily the skies cleared about a half hour before the ride for another nice evening to ride a bike! I was in my Kustom Cruiser Roadster.

IMG_20230524_183328551.jpg

IMG_20230524_194210793.jpg

My friend, whose bike I just resurrected, keeps telling me how amazed she is every time she rides it now.👍👍 It was fun seeing her enjoying the ride!

IMG_20230524_192150086.jpg

I wore a nightshirt, cowboy hat & slippers. My friends said I looked like I escaped a mental institution. Perfect!🤣🤣

Glad to hear you made it home safely.
I’m always amazed that all of this mechanical stuff actually holds up as long as it does.
I guess it was just time for that bearing to finally retire.

Tough luck @dnc1! Even the best laid plans go awry and very unfortunate that bearing decided to give out. Surprised you didn't jump on another one of your rigs even being 20 miles back to re-join the group. A 120 miler!

Scary at the time!!! Glad you are safe, and can fix that hub.

Yes! The more you ride; the more you want to.
Ride a bike all Day = Energy of a 10 year old boy....
LOVE IT!!!

I rode to the shop Monday, came home sick, in the truck;
rode it home today, safe and sound; feeling much better.
View attachment 1843439
Cheers guys.
Fixed the hub today, then snapped 5 spokes while attempting to true the rear wheel!
Solved that problem, then took it for a little 12 mile spin this evening.
All is good.....
20230525_203258.jpg

...pictured by someone else's fancy gateposts in Wallingford on my way home.

Cheers guys.
Fixed the hub today, then snapped 5 spokes while attempting to true the rear wheel!
Solved that problem, then took it for a little 12 mile spin this evening.
All is good.....
View attachment 1843855
...pictured by someone else's fancy gateposts in Wallingford on my way home.
I hate it when the spokes break in hand...but better there than on the road!!

Back