When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have a dilemma.. what would you do?

-

redline1968

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Recently I went to a bike swap meet as I was walking around I noticed a few articles that looked familiar to me and then all of a sudden I realized they were mine..all stolen out of my trailer a while back with the trailer too.. it just sets me on fire but then I thought about a few things... First.. did this guy steal it or did he buy it stolen... so I refrained from saying anything but those parts are still floating around the swap meets ..I'm not sure what to do every time I see the part, it sets me on fire.. . I know they're my parts but I can't prove it l.. if he's innocent I don't want to make this guy feel bad if he's buying stolen property then what?... what would you do?

Forgive the action of theft. You do this for YOUR mental health ... and not to benefit the thief. Right now, many of us are babysitting toxic thoughts that steal our joy. Forgive ... Rinse ... and Repeat as needed. Perhaps an overused adage ... "Let go, and let God." .......... patric

That's a messed up situation Mark . I'd be hot as well , BUT..............if it was me I'd also ask where the parts came from and sift through the story to determine the "Real" facts. He may be the thief , or like you said bought them stolen. If it was local to your area , and it was a short timeframe from when they were stolen it's a good chance He's your man. Unfortunately the more time goes by the harder it is. You gotta ask. You're a good guy Mark. I hope this has a good outcome for you. Hang in there.

Well I don’t believe in imaginary deities making things right. If you know 100% without a doubt the dudes got your stuff. Not cool! I’d approach cautiously and not to go nuclear. Figure out the lay of the land and go from there. Maybe he’s got some intel on the true perpetrators. Karma is a bitch especially when you exacting it.

Did you file detailed police report with description of trailer and contents when everything was stolen?
No insurance on trailer?
Usually need police report for a claim.

If you have documentation and a filed report, the authorities should be made aware.

Of course nowadays stealing is legal in most states...

Back