When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The CABE CONFESSIONAL Bike Skeletons in the Closet - Share Your Tragic Bicycle Decisions, Regrets

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
I just thought about itโ€ฆ Who wouldnโ€™t wanna be best friends with a guy who traded his mongoose in for a bag of weed? LMAO ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐ŸคฃIโ€™m sure youโ€™re a fun guy to hang out with like Thevl
and a 12er of red dog let the record show! I did have my own Powerlite at the time and no connection to the Mongoose but still, bonehead move for sure๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Bury the dead, in concrete.
I love it!
Thatโ€™s going to be quite the discovery someday, when that retaining wall gets demolished.
Every once in awhile, I have bought some vintage parts from the Hansings, not sure if it was Dennis or Bob, but they always send one of these postcards with the order.
They must have an old stock of them.
I like that they also sold surfboards.
I always thought the building kind of looked like a Van de Kamps restaurant.
Classic California bike shop!

View attachment 1843877
My 64 StingRay came from Montrose bike shop so drove by there a couple of yr ago, I'll have to ck out that wall next time I'm around there!
5e9c2b74-87fa-4404-b6ea-393377b8dbe7-jpeg.jpg

IMG_4358.jpeg

IMG_4357.jpeg

Ok, this one kinda bugs me, when I was building a Colson Whizzer 25+yrs ago I wanted to use a springer and wasn't really confident in the Colson Cushioner on a whizzer, I had a NOS Whizzer front end still in the beat up OG box, I sanded off the nice original maroon paint and painted it gray!, really don't remember if it was a time/schedule thing but still kick myself for not just using a used one but probably would have to do the chrome, I still got that box somewhere!

5219df3e-0e83-4b7b-81d3-75dbd244d121-jpeg.jpg

Well here goes my goof. Way back in the day (late 80's- early 90's) when we used to buy, sell, trade across the US thru the monthly publication. I contacted a well known collector in Michigan and agreed to trade a complete late 30's boys Ranger for a platable Schwinn straight bar tank and set of Phantom fenders. When I got the tank it was so rusty, the plater said he couldn't chrome plate it cuz some of it would have holes throughout. Contacted the collector, explained the situation and asked for a better tank and he said he didn't have one, so I said I'll send him back the parts and wanted the Ranger back but he said he didn't have it cuz he had already sold it. I argued with him on the deal but he didn't care to make it right. I was so pissed off he was that way with me. It bugs me to this day. A late 30's complete Ranger? What a bone head, live and learn.

Boy do regret selling the 53 Panther I bought, missing seat, carrier, fender lights and tank. It was rattle canned in ugly flat blue paint. I restored it using repro parts from Memory Lane Classics, brought it up to look as coming off the showroom. Kept it for a few years and rode it a few times but only on short rides cause of fearing damaging the paint and chrome. Got offered decent money for it and sold it! Itโ€™s been a few years but regret selling it.
IMG_3721.jpeg

Having a 32x56 private museum filled with a collection that started around 1989, the good ol' pre-internet days where you had to get in your car and chase down rumors and truly go treasure hunting...
From Soap Box Derby, Cushmans, Whizzers, balloons, Sting Rays, parts galore not to forget a couple of hot rods and a finned boat.... lost it all in a divorce

Last edited:
Back